Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.07)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($20.80)
      Hero ($40.69)
      BTN ($22.07)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: T:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN raises to $1.80, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.90) 6:spade: Q:spade: 2:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.71

21/18/2.8, 3bet in BTN 12, cbet 71, cbet turn 54, wtsd 20, w$sd 52, 769 hands

He gives me good odds to call, but I don't know if its still profitable. He has light 3bet range in BTN, so even if I hit set, he can easily fold to my agression. Probably I can get two strets of value from his weak top pair.

But what that means - if he is no going to pay me, then I can bluff his top pair out?

Lets say he has QT on this board. He bets two streets, how do you think - would I be able to bluff his Qx on the blank river lets say? If not then we can assume that I can get 3 streets of value with set.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Usually I prefer to 4bet TT OOP because it just makes it much easier to play. But you'll need to establish the right dynamic for this (by 4bet bluffing a lot in these positions and you know he's adjusting by shoving more worse hands like AQ/some AX/perhaps 99 and worse?)

I think TT is strong enough to call the Flop. You can also call 77-99 against players who don't barrel the Turn often. I fold mid pairs against aggro players cos they will just barrel any T/J/K/A and you just cannot continue. But when you have 2 Ts you block many of the broadway scare cards so it's a much better call for TT
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I think TT is strong enough to call the Flop. You can also call 77-99 against players who don't barrel the Turn often.

but this player is barreling, its 54% cbet on turn, so very likely that I will have to fold.

Usually I prefer to 4bet TT OOP because it just makes it much easier to play.

But if I 4bet and he stacks of without having loose image and 22$ deep, then I cannot call. If I am planning to fold to shove, it would be better to use Ax, Kx for a 4bets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: I like your Call here as well, I doubt that you need to build a lot image on those limits and nor I don't see him really shipping with a lot worse whilst having also a decent W$SD.
      Postflop: Though I'd be willing to pay the 1/2 pot size for him whilst he also CBs a lot in those spots rather than give up directly. There are Qx hands in his range but at the same time also worse hands which 3bet preflop. Call it and reevaluate the turn and even if a FD completes it's still good for us cause we also have backdoor FD.

Best Regards.