[NL2-NL10] T6o

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      SB: $12.50 (250 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.79 (95.8 bb)
      MP: $3.93 (78.6 bb)
      CO: $2.10 (42 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T 6
      MP raises to $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.32) 4 8 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.52) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.72) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, MP calls $0.60

Results:
      $2.12 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: 4 8 9 2 J
      Hero showed T 6 and lost (-$1 net)
      MP showed A 8 and won $2.03 ($1.03 net)

I thoguht he got 9 and J is higher cardthat he has and i wanted to punish him for min betting. When i d this scenario I have really often profit when I do it as a bluff. What do u think about this strategy espacially against fish? On river/turn scare card raise pot bet?
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hey,

I would fold preflop. I know it's just a minbet, but how many flop can you hit well? It's not even suited. Check probabilities on NLHE how often you flop two pair+. I think pre call is -EV.

As played I would fold flop. Hard to tell whether you opponent's minbet is a strong hand or not. Maybe you have some implieds, but you have just a gutshot and won't hit that often on turn + it's not nutty (JT is). When you got on turn, I guess you have to call there.

I thoguht he got 9 and J is higher cardthat he has and i wanted to punish him for min betting.
      A NL5 fish doesn't get scared of overcard most of the time, especially on micros. I don't think even 8x is ever folding on river + sometimes he can play QQ+, two pair like this because he doesn't want to scare you of.

When i d this scenario I have really often profit when I do it as a bluff. What do u think about this strategy espacially against fish? On river/turn scare card raise pot bet?
      Best strategy against a fish is not to bluff them. Fold this weak hand, pick up better one, play with initiative and bet for value.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Hey,
      fold it preflop. You have to buy only a BB to see the Flop but you are OOP against 2 Villains and the Hand is bad.
      If you have already called, fold on the flop, fold on the Turn, fold on the River. Turn is by the way no scarecard ;)