This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] T6o

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      SB: $12.50 (250 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.79 (95.8 bb)
      MP: $3.93 (78.6 bb)
      CO: $2.10 (42 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T 6
      MP raises to $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.32) 4 8 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.52) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.72) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, MP calls $0.60

Results:
      $2.12 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: 4 8 9 2 J
      Hero showed T 6 and lost (-$1 net)
      MP showed A 8 and won $2.03 ($1.03 net)

I thoguht he got 9 and J is higher cardthat he has and i wanted to punish him for min betting. When i d this scenario I have really often profit when I do it as a bluff. What do u think about this strategy espacially against fish? On river/turn scare card raise pot bet?
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze
      Hey,

I would fold preflop. I know it's just a minbet, but how many flop can you hit well? It's not even suited. Check probabilities on NLHE how often you flop two pair+. I think pre call is -EV.

As played I would fold flop. Hard to tell whether you opponent's minbet is a strong hand or not. Maybe you have some implieds, but you have just a gutshot and won't hit that often on turn + it's not nutty (JT is). When you got on turn, I guess you have to call there.

I thoguht he got 9 and J is higher cardthat he has and i wanted to punish him for min betting.
      A NL5 fish doesn't get scared of overcard most of the time, especially on micros. I don't think even 8x is ever folding on river + sometimes he can play QQ+, two pair like this because he doesn't want to scare you of.

When i d this scenario I have really often profit when I do it as a bluff. What do u think about this strategy espacially against fish? On river/turn scare card raise pot bet?
      Best strategy against a fish is not to bluff them. Fold this weak hand, pick up better one, play with initiative and bet for value.
    • ctstc
      ctstc
      Bronze
      Hey,
      fold it preflop. You have to buy only a BB to see the Flop but you are OOP against 2 Villains and the Hand is bad.
      If you have already called, fold on the flop, fold on the Turn, fold on the River. Turn is by the way no scarecard ;)