Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,7, Hands: 72374
      UTG: $10.24 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 6
      MP: $4.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 6
      CO: $10.50 - VPIP: 83, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 4,0, Hands: 6
      BTN: $10.10 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 6
      SB: $3.75 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 33, 3B: 0, AF: 0,5, Hands: 6

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 3 :club: J :heart:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.25) 2 :club: 4 :club: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.17, CO folds

I am not sure I am a big fan of stabbing here. 1 overcard + a weak backdoor FD + some weak backdoor SDs is all we have here. If we knew that villain is extremely loose preflop, then this might not be the worst stab (provided he is also not a calling station postflop, but what are the odds of that being true?), but since we don't even know much about him and his range I guess this pot could have been left alone.

As played: would it make sense to keep betting on a club turn card? I guess no because many FDs would have got there + villain can call again even with his overcard floats that have a FD now.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

I'd most likely rather not do that cause the guy calls maybe even with Q high and if you stabbing the flop then I most likely still end up Check/Folding without any improvement on the turn.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      cause the guy calls maybe even with Q high and if you stabbing the flop then I most likely still end up Check/Folding without any improvement on the turn.

Can we ever consider not betting on non-FD-completing turns if betting on such a flop vs him? If he calls with all sort of bad hands on the flop, does he necessarily always continue calling with them on the turn as well? (I mean, if we analogically stab with GS+1 overcard type of hands vs such guys we generally also continue betting on many turns, so we sort of assume that villain does fold a big part of his air floating range on the turn. Why not bet here as well?) Or would we simply lack additional equity on most turns in this spot?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      2 barrels could work here against him, can't call with Q-hi there anymore, especially when you could already have trips or sth. there.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      cause the guy calls maybe even with Q high and if you stabbing the flop then I most likely still end up Check/Folding without any improvement on the turn.

Can we ever consider not betting on non-FD-completing turns if betting on such a flop vs him? If he calls with all sort of bad hands on the flop, does he necessarily always continue calling with them on the turn as well? (I mean, if we analogically stab with GS+1 overcard type of hands vs such guys we generally also continue betting on many turns, so we sort of assume that villain does fold a big part of his air floating range on the turn. Why not bet here as well?) Or would we simply lack additional equity on most turns in this spot?
      Why would you talk about betting the turn whilst we actually have to talk about rather either to Bet the flop and as said rather Checking and giving up vs such a guy is better. And nope I wouldn't try to overplay a fish who most likely continue wide range there.