This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Weird spot

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $13.23
      SB:
      $36.37
      BB:
      $19.92
      MP2:
      $18.74
      MP3:
      $10.41
      CO (Hero):
      $29.38

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $1.30, Hero calls $1.00, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.95) K, 5, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($6.95) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU raises to $6.67, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $9.45.

I called the sqz here because we are over 200bb~ deep so I guess thats OK.

The other guy that calls is a standard TAG I guess, played 4 tables (ZOOM), no other reads.

On the flop when the squeezer just checks I think hes on nothing here so I decide to bet small to maybe induce a call.

When the other guy calls im really confused, I have no idea about his range in this spot as I guess he will 3bet me preflp with AK and such.

On turn I bet smallish again (not really sure about the betsize here) he almost minrr me, I tanked for a long time and folded putting him on pocket 5...

Is this too narrow?

Any thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would not b/f your spot my set. You have no information if player is calling pf AK or smt like 65s or just making some kind of play 88. Since you´re not that deep and you have put in 40% of his stack I would prefer shoving your spot.

best regards,
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I would not b/f your spot my set. You have no information if player is calling pf AK or smt like 65s or just making some kind of play 88. Since you´re not that deep and you have put in 40% of his stack I would prefer shoving your spot.

best regards,
      Hi,

Ye a fold is maybe too nitty here but when i think about it, AK is probably 3bet most of the time by a reg, and even if not when the other guy squeezes I dont see how he just can call as he would have to c/f any missed board pretty much.

And as I said he played taggy style and 4 table zoom so I don't think he can make that spaztical play here (maybe tilted?)

Ye I put 40% of my stack in and I pretty much can't fold so I don't see how he can do this play?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

best regards,
      Hi,

Ye a fold is maybe too nitty here but when i think about it, AK is probably 3bet most of the time by a reg, and even if not when the other guy squeezes I dont see how he just can call as he would have to c/f any missed board pretty much.

And as I said he played taggy style and 4 table zoom so I don't think he can make that spaztical play here (maybe tilted?)

Ye I put 40% of my stack in and I pretty much can't fold so I don't see how he can do this play?
      with some reads I think it is possible b/f, but against unknown I´d likely go with my hand. there are enough situations where I can b/f more marginal hands.