Possible to beat 20% rake on SNGs?

• 7 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      ofc its possible, but hard at the low limits coz of all the donks sucking out. If you can't make ITM regularly you're probably better off playing cash tables SSS until you've got the bankroll for higher sng, where its better value for your buyin.
    • zayd88
      zayd88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      ofc its possible, but hard at the low limits coz of all the donks sucking out. If you can't make ITM regularly you're probably better off playing cash tables SSS until you've got the bankroll for higher sng, where its better value for your buyin.
      Don't you think grinding $1.2's would be more profitable than .02/.04 SSS? That's the only limit I can play on the cash tables.

BTW I'm very good with ICM. I don't run into hard situations very often. (posted this since I think it is relevant when facing 20% rake)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm not that experienced in playin cash tables so I can't really say, its just what ps reccomend. Personally I didn't play the 1.20 sng's =/ but if you think you can beat the rake I'd go for it
    • SecurityDrew
      SecurityDrew
      Bronze
      With the $50 i started at $2 SNG which I find more playable but still lots of donk suckouts. At $100 i moved to the $5 and have been doing better. At least there is some logic, but not alot. I still have to beat some bad beats later in the game. It is usually pretty easy to double up at least once prior to the blinds getting to $300. Then if you are good with the ICM and a little lucky you'll outlast the all in lottery and get in the money.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      The 20% rake is pretty easy to beat, any knowledge what so ever of ICM on these limits, and you should walk it.
    • JD888
      JD888
      Bronze
      I always felt like getting free money in those sngs because the first 6-7 guys who overplay their crap hands and don't have a clue about sng strategy bust out so fast that you can get itm in almost every single tourney.
      the mentioned "donk suckouts" didn't bother me much because there is nothing better than having a guy who's calling your all-in with any non-showdown-value-hand .. these are the guys were my chips come from and I do shit about hoping for players that call perfectly. in every case you can abuse the leaks of your opponents, steal against ultra tight players and double up against the unthinking ones.. and getting sucked out in some times is worth the times you finish itm which should be quite more
      don't be afraid of good players you won't find them on these limits quite often and in about 90% of the time you will be called by a hand that is worse ..
      indeed 20% rake isn't that great but on these limits it should still be beatable
    • MikeAK47
      MikeAK47
      Bronze
      The play in the $1 is laughable, it's a piece of cake to beat the rake! (No rhyme intended).