UTG: $97.76
      UTG+1: $95.58
      UTG+2: $103.07
      MP: $27.70
      MP+1: $54.03
      CO: $51.92

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has J:heart: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $1.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.44, fold, MP+1 calls $3.44

Flop: ($9.38, 2 players) 4:heart: 3:spade: J:spade:
      Hero bets $5.55, MP+1 calls $5.55

Turn: ($20.48, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 checks

River: ($20.48, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero requests TIME, Hero checks, MP+1 bets $11.50, Hero...?

call pre? postflop?
      i was going for a turn c/c... (bet?)
      river? :P do we think we are ever good, what could he be floating with? i think he's not much into turning showdown value into bluffs.
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      now i don't see a lot of sense in my thought process :f_biggrin:

new thoughts: we are def not good on the river while my perceived range has enough of Ax, and clear mistake preflop?
      flop compounds preflop mistake :f_biggrin:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      At NL 50 do people typically 3Bet KJo OOP, or were you balancing your ranges?

I'm fairly tight, and would fold this pre.
      Since I'm tight, I will occasionally raise lesser hands pre, but when I do, I try to make sure that everyone sees it, and that I get to showdown as cheaply as possible -- bonus if everyone folds before then.

Here on the flop, you face flush draw, and possible straight draw, and all you have is TPGK, yet the CBet is small, and so he has OK odds to call.

I like the check on the turn, because if it were me, I would be trying for a free card, and would continue only on a J, K or spade, and then cautiously.

By the river both possible draws complete, and any Ax hand has a str8.

For me this is a fold.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      the main thing is his fold to 3bet%.
      i was just hoping that he would fold tbh :f_biggrin: ofc he doesn't
      what i mean by preflop is that i could call and play postflop against a somewhat dominated range instead of against a dominating range.

so his calling range is going to be pretty strong, he won't have random 65s type of hands.
      on the flop i feel that i only beat random pocket pairs and random fd+overs, i doubt he will have QJ there
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Well, why not just to call and play postflop than 3bet it and be vs dominated hands OOP. Being IP I don't mind such a play vs his min-raise though being OOP I'd rather play the hand just postflop and reevaluate it there.

Though otherwise we have pretty easy Check/Fold on the river, you don't beat much and he definitely has enough of Ax hands in his range, maybe even sometimes Ax for just a float.

Best Regards.