Coldcalling QQ in 3bet pot

• mbml
      This guy has an air heavy range and he doesn't defend wide, if not I would make a 2X 4bet and let him have the odds to flat his speculative hands OOP.

3betting range in this position is probably 15% vs CO

Poker Stars $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1903749
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $309.05
      SB: $1275.11
      Hero (BB): $318.40
      UTG: $742.84
      MP: $450.21
      CO: $223.42

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with Q:heart: Q:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $5, 1 fold, SB raises to $18, Hero calls $16, CO calls $13

Flop: ($54.00) Q:diamond: 2:heart: 6:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($54.00) A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $22.00, Hero raises to $63, CO folds, SB folds

I'm not sure what the best line is here. I'm positive that SB has air here. CO should have a ton of crap as well so I check to let them catch up or stab.

Turn comes an Ace. SB bets so small, not sure whether it's thin value or some bluff. I figured that CO is rarely improved by the Ace. I wonder whether I should flat again or raise. I thought perhaps the Turn brought another flush draw so it would be a better spot to raise, both for protection/value and also because I can represent semibluffs. I think AQ should be discounted from my range cos I would/should bet Flop a lot of the time.
  • 3 replies
    • 1mpr0x
      Turn is tricky. Guess that betsize is the most disgusting one vs QQ lol. Imo raising is our only option as he probably won`t continue bluffing the river unimproved and he might expect us to get creative vs his betsize (we actually can have a few bluffs).

Once he folds I`d take a note he prolly is super unbalanced when he bets small/stabs.
    • lnternet
      I really don't like preflop. You allow CO in while having a tight and obvious range to both players. I much more prefer to take down the 12bb preflop than play a 3way pot with QQ.

Flop is good.

I figured that CO is rarely improved by the Ace.

Why is that? He has a good amount of Ax as well as diamonds in his range.

If SB has a bluff or Ax you want to just call, as both will bet river again. If SB has a good draw, you might prefer a raise, but he might bluff river blanks, so calling is fine. So against SB you have a clear turn call.

If CO has a turned fd, he will probably overcall, and you'd prefer to have raised him off by a little bit.
      If CO has turned top pair you clearly prefer to just call and potentially get an extra 11bb from him.
      CO has more Ax than diamonds, so again, you have a clear call.

Don't raise turn.
    • BC1989RF
      dont like turn raise despite 2 flush draws - and he doesnt have hearts that often btw.
      we dont let him bluff and he could even folds weak Ax. also, doesnt make really sense for your overall range in this spot which is gna be Ax, Qx, flushdraws, underpp ala JJ-99.

also if theres a bit of dynamic, cold 4b/call is fine pf (we dont have great position post and theres gna be Axx, Kxx flops around 40% of the time which isnt gna be easy to handle 3way.