[NL2-NL10] 10nl QQ preflop

• Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      Villain is playing 16/12 with 9%3bet. My reads on him so far is that he's one of the better players at this limit.
      Usually in this spot, with a player with those stats, I don't mind playing. However, I searched him and saw he was playing 11 tables which is why I folded. I think when someone is playing that amount of tables they just see how strong their hand is and play accordingly. I dont think there are any bluffs here and I don't think he's value betting worse. Maybe a flip against AK?

Thoughts?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1902718
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $16.81
      SB: $12.37
      BB: $4.70
      UTG: $10.93
      UTG+1: $8.88
      MP1: $5.32
      MP2: $10.00
      CO: $4.70

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q:diamond: Q:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, SB raises to $1.30, 3 folds
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      normally i would fold this in FR but actually by this point, and if he is some reg as you say, then he can easily have some lighter 3bets in his range, i mean he's in SB facing a BU open. even if you are against AK then you are a slight favourite. although i agree about the tables and that he is probably playing pretty face up. will be interesting to see veriz's opinion.
    • Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      normally i would fold this in FR but actually by this point, and if he is some reg as you say, then he can easily have some lighter 3bets in his range, i mean he's in SB facing a BU open. even if you are against AK then you are a slight favourite. although i agree about the tables and that he is probably playing pretty face up. will be interesting to see veriz's opinion.
      Thank you for your reply DrDunne.

Regarding the bold. I did consider this, but if he is a reg I'm not so sure he would 3bet OOP too light unless he thought I was iso'ing MP (who was fairly fishy) and thinks I fold a lot to his 3bet. But again, I don't think he looks into it too often when playing 11 tables.
    • faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      If the villain has any HUD, it takes him only a second to take a look at your "fold to 3bet %", even with 11 tables. Also, I don't think that isolation of MP is that relevant (your raise was rather a standard BTN raise with one limper infront of you).
      If SB was high on steal % (35%+) and 3 bet is 9%, then I would be considering 4bet/broke in this scenario. Another scenario would be to call him down and re-evaluate on flop. To me, folding seems a bit too tight in this hand, but of course, the safest move. :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Even if he plays at 11 tables, he would very likely still 3-bet the same range SB vs BU (unless he has some thought decisions other tables). If he is tight then you should see JJ+, AQ+, if he is a littlebit looser then he would 3-bet you a lot lighter. I don´t think you need always play there for stacks, but raise/call seems a lot better option ip than just folding 3rd best hand

best regards,