This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 10nl QQ preflop

• Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      Villain is playing 16/12 with 9%3bet. My reads on him so far is that he's one of the better players at this limit.
      Usually in this spot, with a player with those stats, I don't mind playing. However, I searched him and saw he was playing 11 tables which is why I folded. I think when someone is playing that amount of tables they just see how strong their hand is and play accordingly. I dont think there are any bluffs here and I don't think he's value betting worse. Maybe a flip against AK?

Thoughts?

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1902718
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $16.81
      SB: $12.37
      BB: $4.70
      UTG: $10.93
      UTG+1: $8.88
      MP1: $5.32
      MP2: $10.00
      CO: $4.70

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with Q:diamond: Q:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, SB raises to $1.30, 3 folds
  • 4 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      normally i would fold this in FR but actually by this point, and if he is some reg as you say, then he can easily have some lighter 3bets in his range, i mean he's in SB facing a BU open. even if you are against AK then you are a slight favourite. although i agree about the tables and that he is probably playing pretty face up. will be interesting to see veriz's opinion.
    • Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      normally i would fold this in FR but actually by this point, and if he is some reg as you say, then he can easily have some lighter 3bets in his range, i mean he's in SB facing a BU open. even if you are against AK then you are a slight favourite. although i agree about the tables and that he is probably playing pretty face up. will be interesting to see veriz's opinion.
      Thank you for your reply DrDunne.

Regarding the bold. I did consider this, but if he is a reg I'm not so sure he would 3bet OOP too light unless he thought I was iso'ing MP (who was fairly fishy) and thinks I fold a lot to his 3bet. But again, I don't think he looks into it too often when playing 11 tables.
    • faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      If the villain has any HUD, it takes him only a second to take a look at your "fold to 3bet %", even with 11 tables. Also, I don't think that isolation of MP is that relevant (your raise was rather a standard BTN raise with one limper infront of you).
      If SB was high on steal % (35%+) and 3 bet is 9%, then I would be considering 4bet/broke in this scenario. Another scenario would be to call him down and re-evaluate on flop. To me, folding seems a bit too tight in this hand, but of course, the safest move. :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Even if he plays at 11 tables, he would very likely still 3-bet the same range SB vs BU (unless he has some thought decisions other tables). If he is tight then you should see JJ+, AQ+, if he is a littlebit looser then he would 3-bet you a lot lighter. I don´t think you need always play there for stacks, but raise/call seems a lot better option ip than just folding 3rd best hand

best regards,