Push or Fold mode: Hands to push depend on the situation?

• camicio
      camicio
      Bronze
      Let's say that a program tells me that in two different situation (for example in one case I'm the small blind and it's folded to me and in another one I have a very small stack but there are two or three people behind) I should push 50% of my hands.
      Does this mean that in both situations I should push with exactly the same hands? Or for example I have to play more suited cards and less aces in one case compared to the other?

Does this change a lot if in one case someone pushed before and in the other case I'm first in?

Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • zayd88
      zayd88
      Bronze
      In push or fold mode you have to put people on ranges for calling. If your cards beat their range for calling you push, if it doesn't you might fold. I say might because when your blinds get below 5 BB you have to start pushing ATC in late position when folded to. With less than 10 BB you can do the same depending on the stack sizes of the people who act after you. If you have them covered you can abuse the bubble with a weaker range. If not, you generally have to push with a tighter range.

Oh I forgot to add that if someone shoves before you your range for calling/reshoving should tighten up a lot depending on the read you have on that person.
    • zayd88
      zayd88
      Bronze
      Oops, I forgot a big part of push or fold mode strategy.

The tighter someone is the looser you should shove on them. Against a total nit you could be shoving 7-2 regularly. Even moreso if you have him covered.
    • camicio
      camicio
      Bronze
      Thank you for the answers, but you didn't understand my question.
      My question is: if a program like Sit&Go wizard tells me to push in two different situations with 50% of my hands, is the set of hands I have to push with always the same?
    • zayd88
      zayd88
      Bronze
      Sorry about that.

I think 50% of hands means the top 50% starting hands.