What to play?

• tigar89
      tigar89
      Bronze
      Hello everybody.
      I am new to poker, and i am currently playing at poker770. I've been playing cash games mostly nl2. my bankroll is at 50. I have recieved 30 dollars from the quiz and im up another 20 dollars. I've played around 10k hands.

My question is : Should i continue to play cash games or is it better to play SnG's, tournament etc?

I have a fairly good BRM, and i am using the charts that are provided on this site.

And i am interested in some of the poker "addons" but i dont know which to use or if they even help me improve my game.

Regards.
  • 6 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Tigar89!

It all depends on what you want. If you like Cash then I see no reason the switch. It is good to experiment a bit though to find out what suits you best.

And with addons I assume you mean a tracking software? While you're still on nl2 you don't really need it tbh. The people are so bad anyway. If you play ABC poker you'll be fine.

If you're going to continue don't forget about the No Limit Beginners Course! The link is in my signature.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      The rake for micro SNGs on ipoker is too high. So don't bother with them. Just keep playing 2NL cash game for now.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Wish I had started off with as good an attitude as you have! Sounds like you are doing well in 2nl and using the strategy advice well.

Personally I would stick to cash as you are playing the same people more often you will get a better and better idea of how they play etc and this will increase your profit.

I also think that cash games are great for working on pre and postflop skill and for experimenting occasionally.

I would maintain what you are doing keep grinding up until you get your 50bi for the next level etc and keep using good bankroll management.

I think also that SNGs and MTTs can be much more frustrating variance wise and a lot less convienient time wise.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Oh yeah about your addons etc you can in time get a poker HUD like Holdem manager 2 or Poker tracker 4 etc but as has been said there's no hurry at lower limits.

Specifically just train your self to keep good notes etc to help you as I think this skill comes before getting a HUD- HUD should assist not instruct every action.

They are good investments later though
    • tigar89
      tigar89
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the reply's. I will continiue grinding NL2, but as far as ive seen on poker 770, there is not alot of tables on the higher limits. And this concerns me.

But again thanks.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tigar89
      Thanks for all the reply's. I will continiue grinding NL2, but as far as ive seen on poker 770, there is not alot of tables on the higher limits. And this concerns me.

But again thanks.
      Thanks for all the comments guys!

Don't worry about higher limits yet! Once you reach those limits you can always move to another room.

Good luck at the tables!

RasTweet