River spot in 3bet pot

• imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Heads up on 6max table, starting a table. Vs ok-ish reg, he plays hu sometimes, not overly aggro but not overly tight either. He's for sure capable of making plays. Probably sees me as pretty aggresive.

I expect him to be floating this flop kind of often, as well as having a lot of like lower PPs and stuff, so I decide to barrel the turn (and planning to ship most rivers), but on this river, I thought it was best to check.

Thoughts?

€4 NL - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: €400.00
      Hero (BB): €416.80

SB posts SB €2.00, Hero posts BB €4.00

Pre Flop: (€6.00) Hero has K:diamond: T:diamond:

SB raises to €8.00, Hero raises to €32.00, SB calls €24.00

Flop: (€64.00, 2 players) Q:club: 5:diamond: 3:club:
      Hero bets €38.00, SB calls €38.00

Turn: (€140.00, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets €82.00, SB calls 82.00

River: (€304.00, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, SB bets €248 and is all-in
  • 12 replies
    • TwoSHAE
      TwoSHAE
      Basic
      I'd fold
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Yeah, the river is c/f most likely. Even if he turns all of his pairs into a bluff, it's close. He just have some many Qx and Flushes ... Your plan about 3barreling - I don't like it that much. I think u can shove the river on some flush cards, but I prefer checking on most blanks. If u feel like a real baller, u can c/c blank river sometimes :)
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Gold
      hero's in bb vs sb
      why the hand seemed like that u r oop?

i think its a easy check behind otr with pair T or fold to his river donk all in
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      in hu games bb is oop...
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Gold
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      in hu games bb is oop...
      sorry my bad :D
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Just asking, don't you think the turn is a really bad card to barrel? I mean he's calling almost his entire range there too, cause what has changed really?

So on the turn you are representing a Q mostly and then when you check the river you represent a bad Q, cause the flush would shove. And a bad Q is pretty much = to what you have. So he can value bet a good Q on the river, but that would shove turn almost 100%, so would he call the turn with a FD?

What's your 3 bet? What's his 3bet call? Does he call AQ-JQ or 4bet? Does he consider you capable of value betting 99 for example on that turn?

I have no idea, just trying to think here. I play NL50-100 so maybe I should just shut the $%^& up :)
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      I think he floats a lot on the flop, and if we barrel a "blank" turn I think he still folds a lot of like A high and maybe some of his lowest pairs. Also, it sets up for a nice river shove, even if we decide we dont want to ship all rivers, we def set it up to at least some of them.

As for your other question, i dont really remember his or my 3bet %, but it was probably pretty normal I guess. If it was out of line I would have mentioned it. I think he for sure expects me to vbet 99 on the turn tho.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Your hand is a bit too weak to 2barrel imo. Jamming most rivers as a plan is pretty bad, you seems to be bluffing way too much.

River check is good. You shouldn't call there without a Q or a flush blocker. KcTd might be a call, I'm not sure, but I don't think KTdd ever is.

Exploitively I think the 2barrel is fine and river comes down to how many Ahi he double floats and then jams. Very possible he is bluffing enough there to call. But though to say, so I'd go with the theory play and fold.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      think a case could be make for c/c'ing the river.
      u could check weak Qx so not sure hed value jam Q9.
      i think we need him to bluff pockets, Ahi's and other 5xs combos over half the time to have a call.

i'd pay much attention to his river timing: if he snaps i prolly find a fold if he tanks i call.

i like other rest of the hand speshly u turn+river plan after this turn card. btw i think checking the most of river range should be our overall strategy (cllubs specially) vs good vs a good reg.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      If you believed that your pair is the best til river, you should have shove. The river check gave away your hand. It's clear that you don't have the flush, Qx, or better since you should have bet for value, so obviously villain could represent those hands.

Villain's line is very strong + plus the pot is big, so our river check allows him to shove 100% of his range.
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Gold
      Originally posted by spreeboy
      Villain's line is very strong + plus the pot is big, so our river check allows him to shove 100% of his range.
      hence we c/c?
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Personally, I will not call here after my river check. My decision ends on my first river act (either shove if I believe that I have him beat or check and hope for free showdown).