Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($5.64) 56bb
      BTN ($15.24) 152bb
      SB ($8.13) 81bb
      DrDunne (BB) ($10.03) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) DrDunne is BB J:club: 9:heart:
      CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, DrDunne checks

Flop: K:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: ($0.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO checks

Turn: 9:club: ($0.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO checks

River: K:diamond: ($0.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $0.60, CO goes all-in $5.54, DrDunne?????????

my thoughts are as follows...

preflop, he limps and shows weakness, but im quite weak too so not so sure about a raise. his range is super wide going to the flop and his check behind signals weakness. the turn i figure i have SDV and if i bet, it's very possible he can check back a Kx type hand otf as a fishy trap, so i decide to check and take a free river. great, i hit a FH, so i thought with an overbet he might level himself into calling with a weak PP light 88,77,66,55,33,22, or some A4 type hand. this was my take on the situation as it happened.

1) is there a problem with my understanding of the situation here? if so, what is it and what can i do to improve it?

2) can i ever call here? since i gave him such a range, surely i should stick to it and assume he might also push with it - so i should call?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hand up to turn is fine. :f_biggrin:

on the river you overrep your hand way too hard with a 2x pot bet, even a fish will be scared. i'd most likely bet something between 1/2 and pot, depending on how i saw him.

in any case, if he decides to continue with any worse hand it will be by calling. he will never be rebluffing over your overbet, you have a super easy fold to his shove.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      he definitely has the K or at least have you beat more often than not, easy fold as well
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      cool! i just don't understand how the hell any Kx or whatever beats me can play that way. insanity.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      actually i think that he has the K almost 100% of the time.

first we should go over the thought process as to why he should not be bluffing. even a fish should go over these points, even if in a not too elaborate way:

- you are the bb, so your range is any two
      - you could arguably be going for something like a c/r trap with Kx on previous streets (not that it'd be good play)
      - you rep Kx which missed previous streets value very hard, your sizing is most likely not a bluff

so he won't be raising a lot worse hands when you rep Kx so hard, so what can he have? Kx :f_biggrin:
      why didn't he bet before? standard fish slowplay