This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10, J9

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($5.64) 56bb
      BTN ($15.24) 152bb
      SB ($8.13) 81bb
      DrDunne (BB) ($10.03) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) DrDunne is BB J:club: 9:heart:
      CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, DrDunne checks

Flop: K:club: K:heart: 4:diamond: ($0.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO checks

Turn: 9:club: ($0.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO checks

River: K:diamond: ($0.25, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $0.60, CO goes all-in $5.54, DrDunne?????????

my thoughts are as follows...

preflop, he limps and shows weakness, but im quite weak too so not so sure about a raise. his range is super wide going to the flop and his check behind signals weakness. the turn i figure i have SDV and if i bet, it's very possible he can check back a Kx type hand otf as a fishy trap, so i decide to check and take a free river. great, i hit a FH, so i thought with an overbet he might level himself into calling with a weak PP light 88,77,66,55,33,22, or some A4 type hand. this was my take on the situation as it happened.

1) is there a problem with my understanding of the situation here? if so, what is it and what can i do to improve it?

2) can i ever call here? since i gave him such a range, surely i should stick to it and assume he might also push with it - so i should call?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hand up to turn is fine. :f_biggrin:

on the river you overrep your hand way too hard with a 2x pot bet, even a fish will be scared. i'd most likely bet something between 1/2 and pot, depending on how i saw him.

in any case, if he decides to continue with any worse hand it will be by calling. he will never be rebluffing over your overbet, you have a super easy fold to his shove.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      he definitely has the K or at least have you beat more often than not, easy fold as well
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      cool! i just don't understand how the hell any Kx or whatever beats me can play that way. insanity.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      actually i think that he has the K almost 100% of the time.

first we should go over the thought process as to why he should not be bluffing. even a fish should go over these points, even if in a not too elaborate way:

- you are the bb, so your range is any two
      - you could arguably be going for something like a c/r trap with Kx on previous streets (not that it'd be good play)
      - you rep Kx which missed previous streets value very hard, your sizing is most likely not a bluff

so he won't be raising a lot worse hands when you rep Kx so hard, so what can he have? Kx :f_biggrin:
      why didn't he bet before? standard fish slowplay