Hyper SNGs, heater or what??

• omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      People, so I have been studying with SNG Wiz and PT4 and I think I got a grasp in here, but since last ~120 games I have been having good results, but when I check my graph it seems that i am on a heater or sth for the like?!?!

I appreciate any comment/feedback or anything for the like.
  • 8 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      So you are actually running above EV. 770 sngs is definitely not a sample for hyper turbo tournaments. Hard to make huge conclusions. However, I will pay very close attention to what I am doing if I was in your shoes. Why don't u start posting hands in our hand evaluation forums. I think it will be in a very good help for you.
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Actually I am studying for ~2 hours daily my sngs using SNG wizard, and it says that I am doing (most of the time, like 89%) the correct decision (push/fold) and somehow i just keep losing in these hypers.

I am using some charts that are provided at pokerstrategy about push/fold, here my "cheat page":

I know some ranges are tight but at the same time i think it is ok, because people at these levels ($1.5 6max hyper sng) shove ATC pre in the first levels and just end up sucking out. Just open the ps client and open (observe) any 6max sng that is starting and ssee what people shove, they shove practicaly Qx, Kx, Ax, any pair, J8+ and any two suited cards.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Pushing 100% from sb is usually a good idea...Also when 3 handed push wide depending on stack sizes...you'll get a good feel for it the more games you play experience is key
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dogma18
      Pushing 100% from sb is usually a good idea...Also when 3 handed push wide depending on stack sizes...you'll get a good feel for it the more games you play experience is key
      Yeah, I know, but people at this level shove in BB things like: J5o+ Q7o+ Kx Ax any pair; which is about a 46%

People are crazy at this level, tbh idk how to beat this level, as people just suck out as if they were the favorites...
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by omegapirate
      Yeah, I know, but people at this level shove in BB things like: J5o+ Q7o+ Kx Ax any pair; which is about a 46%

People are crazy at this level, tbh idk how to beat this level, as people just suck out as if they were the favorites...
      Well that's obviously not true given that you're above EV. But anyway I think that doing those sngwiz quizzes is not really that great if you don't know how to adjust the opponents ranges to realistic ones, are you doing that?

It's probably better to watch videos and post hands to get an idea of opponents ranges and stuff then just plugging away at sngwiz
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Originally posted by omegapirate

Well that's obviously not true given that you're above EV. But anyway I think that doing those sngwiz quizzes is not really that great if you don't know how to adjust the opponents ranges to realistic ones, are you doing that?

It's probably better to watch videos and post hands to get an idea of opponents ranges and stuff then just plugging away at sngwiz
      Thats one of the reasons i bought SNG wiz, you can adjust opponent ranges, and that gives me an idea on what to shove on who and stuff.

BTW, I made a little video about me 6tabling hyper sngs which will be posted (post link) in here in about 2-3 hours.
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      The link to the new video of 6max hyper sng: http://www.theprofitroad.com/pshypernew.html

Any comment, opinion, thought, feedback is appreciated!
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      -repost- sorry