how to increase my $$$ lol

• windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      following BSS guide but ive played for maybe 2 weeks now my bankroll form PS($20) did not go down however did not increase.. Ive tried play SNG at party and somehow saw some profit.. do you think its ok to do SNG then switch back to cash game or much better to stick to cash??
  • 7 replies
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      You can also play both at the same time. Play whatever you enjoy the most.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey windar021!

I moved you're thread to a better suited forum.

I think zobupasts gave you some good advice! Just play whatever you enjoy the most.

Some ppl say though that the rake at the micro SnG's is just to big and will advice you to stay on the cashgames.

I wouldn't play both at the same time though. I don't know anyone who does this and I don't think it will work out well either.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      growing your bankroll is a journey.

you can't expect just to start playing now and make hundreds of $ immediately
    • luckyme44
      luckyme44
      Bronze
      Hello Windar021,

I agree with zobupasts in that, you should play whatever variant of poker you enjoy the most, but if you're looking to increase your "$$$" You must ask yourself what variant you are best at, or which one suites your personality and personal traits the best.

Think in terms of volume as well.. If you were to assess yourself of equivalent skill in both cash and sng's, which could you play longer/multitable easier.. I guess thats more to do with $/hr.

There have been great players like Phil Galfond who played primarily SnG's until he decided to jump right into cash games at 1000NL(5/10). To each his own. But give it some good thought for sure.

Rakeback?/variance?/volume?/skill?.. Just keep rifiling through questions and you'll find your "sweet spot". It may even take some switching back and forth for you to find out so don't worry too much about the $$ if thats the case as you will have time to improve whichever variant you decide to go with.

Goodluck,
      Nick
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luckyme44
      Hello Windar021,

I agree with zobupasts in that, you should play whatever variant of poker you enjoy the most, but if you're looking to increase your "$$$" You must ask yourself what variant you are best at, or which one suites your personality and personal traits the best.

Goodluck,
      Nick
      Hey guys,

To me, these mean the same things. It's absolutely no use forcing yourself to play a game type you don't enjoy because you wont be motivated to become the very best you can at it. You need to pick the game you enjoy because you won't have to force your self to find the motivation from somewhere. For example i used to play no limit hold em cash but i was sooo bored of it i just kept donking my money away, playing with 2 BI brm hoping to run good and never learning anything new about the game.

Then i tried pot limit Omaha and i fell in love :heart: now it's not something i do to pass the time i actually can't wait to read an article or watch a video or open some tables and play. This in my opinion also makes the swings easier to deal with. If i lose some buy ins playing NLHE i just tilt so easy and think fuck it lets play higher win some money back lol. But at PLO i just keep grinding and grinding.

It's fine to try out as many game types as you like until you find the one you enjoy the most but i definitely think it's better to stick to one type to get good at. Or at least one game at a time anyway.

Let us know what you pick

Carl
    • luckyme44
      luckyme44
      Bronze
      yeah thats why I stated to think in terms of volume as well. I should have stated something about that being related to motivation I suppose.

I agree with you though
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      ok thanks for your reply guys really appreciate it.. I was an SNG player before 6-MAX then got broke and decided to start playing through cash games.. but I guess Im better playing STTs but still I will consider putting some time on playing cash though thanks guys really appreciate it..