This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 K6s pure bluff

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      While trying to raise a limp/folder I am 3bet, I think I am priced in to call, and also factor in villains stats of 65/35/45 so he's very loose preflop and not overly aggressive postflop. His postflop play is very transparent so I figure there are plenty of chances to take pot from him if he does not connect.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $2.41
      UTG+1: $2.92
      MP: $1.83
      MP+1: $0.71
      Hero (LP): $2.14
      CO: $0.96
      BTN: $5.51
      SB: $0.73
      BB: $3.54

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:club: 6:club:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BTN raises to $0.22, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.49, 2 players) A:heart: 2:spade: 5:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.49, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero bets $0.40, fold

Hero wins $0.47

He shows weakness on flop, I have tight table image (though this probably doesn't factor in his thought process) so I make a bet which is very hard to call without a monster, I also have the benefit of knowing he does not have the nut flush draw from his flop weakness, probably had medium pockets.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think pre-flop fold is a little better, since really what kind of flops would you like to see with K6s and you don´t get that good odds being oop.
      Leading turn without no showdown is fine, although very often if he goes to pot control he would likely call your lead

best regards,