This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ preflop FOLD

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $10.84
      BTN: $10.86
      Hero (SB): $16.71
      BB: $12.95
      UTG: $2.02

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, CO raises to $10.84 and is all-in, fold, fold

CO wins $2.80

I 3bet the hand for value and because i do not like to slowplay QQ out of position. CO and BTN do not play 4bet/fold, they can call.

When the CO shoves me i questioned the call. I have little more than 1k hands sample and the guy hasn't play an all in w AK, something that i keep notes of. He has 4bet 1/36 times, though i know that a 4bet is a direct reaction to an opponents 3bet tendencies and not a stat like VPIP.

To further add, light squeezes are not my style of play yet and though i try to expand my 3betting ranges there is little chance that he has a 1k hands sample that shows me 3bet more than 6%.

Is that fold reasonable? And to add further, is it reasonable to 3bet QQ (or even JJ) when i know that they can call me with worst hands but fold if i get 4bet when I know that chances are slim that I even flip?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

direct shoves are generally AK or sometimes small pp-s if it is CO vs SB dynamic, but since CO is so tight I think you can easily see KK/AA. You haven´t really put in that much money so I think you can give him credit- you find a lot better situations, where to exploit player

best regards,