This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QQ "slowplay"

• Deomedes
      Deomedes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $12.14
      SB: $13.95
      BB: $10.37
      UTG: $30.31
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.40, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $1.20, fold, fold, MP calls $0.80

Flop: ($3.75, 3 players) 4:heart: 8:spade: 9:club:
      MP checks, CO bets $2.38, Hero calls $2.38, fold

Turn: ($8.51, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      CO bets $6.42 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.42

River: ($21.35, 2 players) 7:heart:

CO shows Q:diamond: A:club: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 30%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows Q:heart: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Fours) (Pre 70%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $20.35

So let's explore the unknown waters of slowplay! I do not slowplay so that is why i want to share my thinking that led me to this, on one hand i played recently.

My thinking went like this. Fish opens from MP, Aggro guy 3bets again from CO. So i have QQ on the BTN. Should I cold 4bet and probably fold anything worst or call to invite the fish to come with us?

I call, Fish calls. Flop comes excellent, no A or K (which would make my hand a bluff catcher and i had already plan to fold to the first barrel on Ahigh flop, cause Fish has it all the time if aggro doesn't, and call reasonable bet on K high flop).

Aggro bets, i call for the Fish to call again, fish folds. On the turn he shoves so i call and hope he shows up with 99-JJ, AQ+. If he shows up with KK or AA well that is the fate of QQ vs aggressive guys anyways.

Was my thinking valid ?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think mixing up coldcalling or 4-betting are both fine on the BU. Oop I would likely 4-bet more often.
      Postflop call is fine- I would definitely not fold and then I can also decide on the turn if I want to call his shove or not

best regards,