Hero (UTG): $10.92
      UTG+1: $8.29
      UTG+2: $13.53 unknown
      MP: $19.14
      MP+1: $10.25
      CO: $10.15 reg

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.30, fold, fold, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25, 4 players) Q:spade: 4:spade: 7:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.89, fold, CO calls $0.89, fold

Turn: ($3.03, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $2.16, CO calls $2.16

By now I suspect he has a set. Stats for villain:

11/7 over 193 hands. 3bet: 3% (2/66)
      Fold to cbet: 1 out of 2.
      fold to turn cbet: 1/2
      Saw turn 9/14

River agg factor 0. Saw river 8/9 times, he never bet when he had the opportunity. He folded to bets 2/3, fold to cbet 1/1.

River: ($7.35, 2 players) Q:heart: :rage:
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.80 and is all-in,

fold I tanked a lot, went through his stats, and I felt that I had to fold. But after I fold I thought maybe I should have called ... :f_cry:

CO wins $7.02
  • 5 replies
    • JonikoP
      Personally, I'm betting this river to get value from worse flushes. Too often when you check I think he checks behind with a worse flush (although query what kind of hands he's flatting a UTG open with in BB - probably mostly pocket pairs but depends on your reads).

As played, the river spot is horrible given that your reads suggest that it is highly unlikely that this guy is betting worse for value or bluffing.

You only need to be correct about 30% of the time to make this call but going with your reads/instinct is a definitely a very good thing so I like your thought process and the fact that you followed through on your read.
    • MisClick
      Thanks a lot Joniko :f_love:

Originally posted by JonikoP
      Personally, I'm betting this river to get value from worse flushes.

I like this. Actually I started to do that in order to block bluffs and get value at the same time. While I am still very inexperience in blocker/value river bets I think they might be the answer to my river problems oop.

What would be a good bet size in this case? I suppose you would make it such that you can still fold to his shove? Or would you be committed? How much?
    • Deomedes
      Given the stats, you did ok folding the hand. Though, in most cases, you have to bet around 3$ or little more and fold to a raise, because there is some value from worse flushes.

Against a guy like him in the microstakes , and especially on ZOOM, it is ok to check-fold. Guys like him are practically worthless players that think because they have much time to spare they can make money, by coolering fish. But coolers come and go and leave nothing but lost time and very expensive rake.
    • MisClick
      Thanks Deomedes :heart:
    • Kaitz20

I think he may easily also have there AxKs. I can´t really fold my hand and set would likely either raise flop or fold to big turn bet.
      Instead of c/c I would also prefer leading out river 4.5$ and likely have to call shove

best regards,