Time of Day + Which Site = Action?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      I noticed I have -EV if I play past about 3am EST on pokerstars but that is usually when I start(and all the sharks are there then). Can someone put the best times for each site? I work full time and i can only play poker 3am to about 11am EST. I might start 10pm EST at the earliest ever). Any help would be appreciated.
  • 14 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi overson

At which limits are you playing? If you play low limits, I suggest to work on improving your game, because you should be able to even beat the tags. In my opinion in the evening is the best time to play, but I am living in CET time zone. :P

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Well, I'm playing NL10 SSS and the tags are tighter than me so I can't beat them. When there's only tags I always lose, there has to be some fish.
      (Also I notice quite a few players doing sss with 20bb and the strategy says not to play against them.)
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      You can always beat players tighter than you. If they are weak post flop, then it's no problem. For a shortstacked player it's hard, but if you play big stack, you can always bluff, 3-bet them out of a pot. It is doable. If you know how.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      I don't think they're tighter than a shortstackstrategy player ;)
      anyway, just play SSS and you'll win eventually, getting coolered is part of the game :)
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      where can i learn to outplay opponents on the flop(such as weakness on flop)? I think I need this since I sense they bluff me too much.
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      its hard to outplay someone at NL10, you just have to wait for strong flop.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by sismis
      its hard to outplay someone at NL10, you just have to wait for strong flop.
      um wait, that doesnt sound too hard to me.. lol
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      if you sense that they are bluffing you, how about testing them out by reraising?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I suggest to nearly never bluff on the low limits, since you will never know with what they will call you. ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Party NL10 on Saturday Night 23:00 - 02:00 CET is quite profitable with SSS , I see people calling me with nothing post-flop.. , now I play every saturday night there to boost my BRM to move up to NL25.
    • mesorucky
      mesorucky
      Bronze
      Ya i agree with tribun, You can steal for a little while SSS NL10 following silver articles and elephant hud, however eventually people get fed up and start calling like crazy! I was stealing for a while but found it just made the variance rise. Im working on not stealing at the moment just trying to better my stats at NL 10 before i move up. Someone else suggested the re-steal test them etc, this seems to work great against weak players but dont over use it.

Im from Australia and playing on titan is hard for me because during the day here they avg about 6000players compared to 25,000+ during the late night. Im basically mixing up my play time and if the action is really tight i might pass for a few hours. My girlfriend has just signed up with PS and is going to get a stars account so hopefully ill see which site i prefer then may move my bankroll.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      well the best time to play is when there is most traffic. when there's more traffic, there's more fish :)

almost all sites are best for me later at night. past 23:00.

now its 23:52 here, 16:52 on stars and it has 142k players :)
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Party NL between 12am - 4am gmt is fish fest :D
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      when the americans are awake and playing, especially weekends :)