[NL2-NL10] AKs

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $5.25 (105 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $11.80 (236 bb)
      BB: $6.85 (137 bb)
      UTG: $3.66 (73.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, BB folds, BTN calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.77) 7 8 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.57) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

River: ($3.81) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.12 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.81 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 7 8 Q T T
      BTN mucked and won $3.65 ($1.77 net)
      Hero mucked A K and lost (-$1.88 net)

2 over + inside -> Fold, raise, call?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you want then you can consider also c/f, since feels like on these boards players like to float quite often. I would either b/f turn or more likely just c/f. T completes some hands and often makes pair+draw hand combos that means you often have to shove river to make fold marginal hands

best regards,
    • Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Why is this board good for floating? Why most players would call it? Because it consists of 78 which could make straight draw for 56 or 9T and flush draw? Or it has something with that Q? K or A would be better to CBet? I am really confused now why is that board good for floating. U mean this is wet board = donn't CBet?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tatarken
      Why is this board good for floating? Why most players would call it? Because it consists of 78 which could make straight draw for 56 or 9T and flush draw? Or it has something with that Q? K or A would be better to CBet? I am really confused now why is that board good for floating. U mean this is wet board = donn't CBet?
      it is based my own experience- usually players would call once pp-s, since there are no K and A on the flop and if he calls his medium strength hands then he mostly has there gutshot or oesd- JT, T9s, 9s- all Qx hands make oe pair hands and if players like to peel off smt like KdTx then they can catch a lot of cards on the turn that improve their hand- although likely at nl 5 players would mostly fold that board KJ/KT and AJ/AT
      I think c-bet is profitable with AK, since you have two overcards and always some fold equity, but consider Q74ss board you are likely get called a lot more.

best regards,
    • Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      So it's big chance that oppoent is going to call with lot of gutshots, Qx and pps. But is CBet this flop still +EV play or not? If a turn is deuce is good to 2nd barrel to fold opponents pp? And what if a turn is Ten? Now it's not good to second barrel? There is bigger chance he got some sort of draw and less likely he has got pp?

Let's say we have AK, flop comes Q73 rianbow. What to do now? Cbet flop is OK. would u fire second barrel to fold pp?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tatarken,

Preflop: 3bet it bigger, especially being OOP.
      Postflop: Check/Fold it, not worth even to CB here, you wont make many hands to fold. Nor I don't see how you can Call the turn whilst you never have implied odds there.

Best Regards.