[NL2-NL10] Jj

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.08 (101.6 bb)
      SB: $4.03 (80.6 bb)
      BB: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      UTG: $9.96 (199.2 bb)
      MP: $5.74 (114.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $7.39 (147.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J J
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) A 9 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.37) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Results:
      $2.07 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: A 9 3 8 T
      BTN showed A 8 and won $1.98 ($0.98 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$1.00 net)

He was quite aggressive, 40 percent AGG% so i called flop, and turn hoping for flush and the river was so small so i called also
  • 8 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If he was aggressive, what bet-sizes he usually made (with bluffs)? Had he bet 3 streets before?

Ax are a big part of this kind of guys range, so you could even consider folding turn or river. But depends on your opponent, whether he is betting 2-3 str without a hand or not.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would likely play the same way if I don´t c-bet on the flop. Yout get very good odds to look him up

best regards,
    • jiffybag
      jiffybag
      Bronze
      I think I can find the fold button on the river, I think the turn call is fine since its so small but when he fires a 3rd time on river we clearly beat, unless you have another read that tells you otherwise.
    • Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Do you think it's good idea to CBet pots with JJ-KK on Axx flops? I like to check and iduce bluffs. Because when I bet and opponent calls, he could take down the pot on turn with a lot worse hands.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tatarken
      Do you think it's good idea to CBet pots with JJ-KK on Axx flops? I like to check and iduce bluffs. Because when I bet and opponent calls, he could take down the pot on turn with a lot worse hands.
      On the contrary, if you bet Axx flops only with hit, you are very exploitable. And also smaller pp's, draws etc. can make you fold; would you call 3 str w JJ? What if Q or K hits the board?

Hand is good to cbet there, you can still have value from worse.

In this case, I'd fold it river, seems like call-me-please-I-have-a-small-ace -bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since I generally would bet A high flops 100% of my pre-flop raising range I think I need also c-bet when I have medium strength hands. They would usually fold quite often if they have worse hands and it seems the best way to know where you´re at.
      Sometimes balance out hands that has showdown value is ofcourse fine, but then you´re always guessing if he is bluffing or valuebetting and at this case since his bets are small I think calldown is reasonable, since he may try some cheap bluff and if you call and loose, you know how he is playing his Ax hands postflop

best regards,
    • Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      How often u Cbet K high boards and how often Q high? Let's say dry boards.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tatarken,

40% isn't super aggressive or anything, kinda standard. But about the play rather CB the flop than call-down like that 3 streets while more likely against Ax hand. With CBetting you also protect from draws + overcards.

Best Regards.