HU SNGs understanding the EV line

• petersveter
      petersveter
      Bronze
      Hello guys.

I already know how the EV line sums up all the expected values in $'s from all the all in situations for every particular tournament. But I am still unsure of what it does when I fold or when my opponent folds, and someone wins the chips without a showdown.

What I am basicly unsure of, is that what happens to EV line when you win the chips when you don't go to a showdown( your opponent folds). Since we take the pot down immidiately, it's as if we took 100% value of those chips, and counted that expected value to all the other expected values in $'s of a particular tournamnet ? And than we have an expected value for a single tournament which is sketched on the graph---> and that is then connected to the other tournament and so on and so on and than we have a nice EV girafe?

I think I understand it, I just want to re-assure myself.
  • 4 replies
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      EV line = showdown winnings + non showdown winnings

But showdown winnings is not just chips/money won at showdown, they are adjusted to equity you have when all in.
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      I wish I won chimps when I get my opponent to fold.
    • petersveter
      petersveter
      Bronze
      So if you folded every single hand in a 7$ hyper turbo, your $ EV would be -7$ right?
      And this would be illustrated on the EV line graph as a decrease of 7$ right?
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by petersveter
      So if you folded every single hand in a 7$ hyper turbo, your $ EV would be -7$ right?
      And this would be illustrated on the EV line graph as a decrease of 7$ right?
      correct.