This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HU SNGs understanding the EV line

• petersveter
      petersveter
      Bronze
      Hello guys.

I already know how the EV line sums up all the expected values in $'s from all the all in situations for every particular tournament. But I am still unsure of what it does when I fold or when my opponent folds, and someone wins the chips without a showdown.

What I am basicly unsure of, is that what happens to EV line when you win the chips when you don't go to a showdown( your opponent folds). Since we take the pot down immidiately, it's as if we took 100% value of those chips, and counted that expected value to all the other expected values in $'s of a particular tournamnet ? And than we have an expected value for a single tournament which is sketched on the graph---> and that is then connected to the other tournament and so on and so on and than we have a nice EV girafe?

I think I understand it, I just want to re-assure myself.
  • 4 replies
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      EV line = showdown winnings + non showdown winnings

But showdown winnings is not just chips/money won at showdown, they are adjusted to equity you have when all in.
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      I wish I won chimps when I get my opponent to fold.
    • petersveter
      petersveter
      Bronze
      So if you folded every single hand in a 7$ hyper turbo, your $ EV would be -7$ right?
      And this would be illustrated on the EV line graph as a decrease of 7$ right?
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by petersveter
      So if you folded every single hand in a 7$ hyper turbo, your $ EV would be -7$ right?
      And this would be illustrated on the EV line graph as a decrease of 7$ right?
      correct.