This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4NL - AQ nut straight and a monoflop

• winter8
      winter8
      Bronze
      OnGame - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $3.94
      SB: $10.63
      Hero (BB): $3.82
      UTG: $2.98
      MP: $1.55
      CO: $4.24

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:spade: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.14, UTG calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) 7:club: T:club: J:club:
      Hero bets $0.23, UTG calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.76, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets $0.57, UTG calls $0.57

River: ($1.90, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero :f_confused:

Should I bet one more time, about 3/4, fearless?
  • 3 replies
    • Mylos
      Mylos
      Basic
      Think you should definitely bet for value. Here's the range of hands that the Villian is calling with on the flop,
      AT, AJ, a low flush, AK (if he's loose and thinks you c-bet a lot of flops), xAc, JT, KJ, KQ, the nut flush or king high flush

Ok, on the turn, we can narrow his range a bit with his call to the following
      His range becomes [Tc9c-, AK, AJ, JT, KT, KJ, KQ, AcXc, KcXc]. You have around 61% equity against that entire range, so I'd go ahead and bet what ever you think he'll call without a flush. 1/2 of the pot seems good to me, maybe a bit more if the villain is loose and might call a big bet with worse than a flush. Also, most players would raise even with the king high flush, for fear of you having the Ace of clubs, so I would weight that a bit less and give you about 65%.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      def bet river for value
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer river shove- I think he would sometimes call his Kx hands and would definitely call down with two pair hands and you´re generally ahead there (unless he is slowplaying A high flush), but against that hand you´re getting stacked anyway, so it is better to think how to get more value out of worse hands

best regards,