Double Or Nothings

• sirwesley1
      sirwesley1
      Bronze
      can anyone advise me please ive started building my bankroll via william hill poker but im stuck at a certain amount because of these double or nothings i try to clear so many a day. EG ill play ten games if i win all ten in a row ill stop if not ill carry on playing until i do but with the rake im considering that it might not be worth it i win more than i lose but aint making anything anyone any suggestions.... also william hill sucks and i mean well and truly sucks for bad beats makes me soooo frustrated :D
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      DoNs require a somewhat different strategy.
      Getting to #1 is of no importance.
      Surviving past #5 is.

Watch the videos on them, and attend the coaching session on alternate Wednesdays -- I think that there is one running tomorrow.

Here is a link to a bunch of DoN videos.

I played a bunch of 'em last year when clearing a bonus, and found it quite a good way to do it.

I was WAY over my brm limit -- I was playing $11 DoNs w/ only $300 BR, but the winnings plus the bonus made it worth it. In addition there was a Party promotion and a PokerStrategy.com promotion which added more $$

To clear the bonus I had to play 60 DoNs, and you only have to win 55% of the time to exactly break even -- everything above that is gravy.

It is quite profitable to play them, IMO -- but you have to be very mindful of the bubble.

D/L SitNGo Wizard, and configure it for DoNs, and "play" a couple of hundred bubble or near bubble hands per day using the simulator. You will soon get to recognize the different situations.

Oh, and about bad beats on WH -- its no different anywhere else..
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirwesley1
      EG ill play ten games if i win all ten in a row ill stop if not ill carry on playing until i do
      Hey sirwesley1!

I've never played DoNs so I'm not going to talk about that. But the quote is something I want to talk about.

So lets say you're running REALLY bad and you loose all 10 games, then you are going to continue and when you run REALLY hot you're going to stop?

Or when you're on tilt you're going to continue and when you're playing your A-game you're going to stop?

See what I mean? Doesn't sound right, I would change those plans a bit. Because it's not the most profitable strategy to be playing.

Good luck with those DoNs!

RasTweet
    • sirwesley1
      sirwesley1
      Bronze
      Thanks alot for the videos ive been looking for some everywere and yea with regards to the badbeats your right lol i just had one bad beat to many when i wrote it thanks for the reply :D
    • sirwesley1
      sirwesley1
      Bronze
      hiya yea im starting to gather that the plan i stated isnt working to well im finding it more profitable at the time being playing a mixture of DoN games with MTTS and doing quite well :D