Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $2.54 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 2,4, Hands: 18383
      UTG: $3.49 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,6, Hands: 48
      CO: $0.91 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,4, Hands: 53
      BTN: $3.70 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 1,6, WTS 21, W$SD 83,Hands: 64
      SB: $0.85 - VPIP: 49, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 6,8, Hands: 94

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with K :spade: K :heart:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN raises to $0.08, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.28, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.59) T :heart: 9 :club: A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.59) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.59) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.42, Hero folds

I just find it very hard to bet for value here. On the river it's a clear fold.
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would usually c-bet myself (especially against loose player who can call with worse hands), but if you want to go pot control then it is also fine.
      Likely I would b/f turn- river is difficult, since you didn´t show any initiative to take down put then you can consider calling turn, but since board run out quite bad for you then c/f is also fine

best regards,
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      I cant bluff. (Villain WTS: 21, PFR from BU:17 by the way)
      If I cbet, I commit myself. It doesnt make sense to bet/bet with KK, every time we get AI this way I'm behind.
      We could consider check/calling on the flop, inducing a bluff. But I dont think we can see many of them, since he's not aggressive and he would check down weaker made hands.

Turn and Rivercard is simply horrible, easy fold.

I understand your point Kaitz20, I would Cbet also if the pot was only single-raised, there I wouldnt have to commit myself. Here, it's ineviteble. All the money goes in if I start to bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      I cant bluff. (Villain WTS: 21, PFR from BU:17 by the way)
      If I cbet, I commit myself. It doesnt make sense to bet/bet with KK, every time we get AI this way I'm behind.
      We could consider check/calling on the flop, inducing a bluff. But I dont think we can see many of them, since he's not aggressive and he would check down weaker made hands.

Turn and Rivercard is simply horrible, easy fold.

I understand your point Kaitz20, I would Cbet also if the pot was only single-raised, there I wouldnt have to commit myself. Here, it's ineviteble. All the money goes in if I start to bet.
      Hi,

you have to realize that players would not only call 3-bets Ax hands or bet hands that are better than KK that spot if you check 3 times to them. Also if you c-bet then worse hands would call as QJ, 87s, likely also Tx and 9x hands if he called loose pre-flop and some players would float that board all their broadway hands.
      I don´t agree that once you bet you have to put all your money in the pot- very likely he does not fold better hand and there should be no reason betting flop and turn. Also I don´t see how betting 0.3$ would commit you to put rest of the 3$.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      I understand what you say, and it's totally valid. Against a loose player, my play was weak, you are right. We arent committed, that is also true.
      But he's tight when it comes to raising and postflop.

1)Villain has only 9% PFR, and he even called a big 3bet. Let's suppose he calls all of it.
      Even against his full 9% range we are behind on this board. He has many aces in his range, and his have decent equity aswell.
      MP2 43.18% KhKs
      MP3 56.82% 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo

2)His WTS is only 21. He may be loose preflop, but he's not postflop.

3)His AF is low, so we dont have to be afraid of bluffs so much.

Because 2) I doubt I can bet for value. He could call with QJ, but it's a small part of his range.

Turn card improves his range drastically, so I'd just give up right now.
      MP2 31.09% 29.31% 1.78% KhKs
      MP3 68.91% 67.13% 1.78% 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

42/9 would very often raise/call most hands that he raised pre-flop and 9% does not really mean he has there 9% of hands, since he is on the BU, he might easily raise there random hands that may include all of his broadway hands, strong Ax, Kx hands, often pp-s and some suited connectors.

Also if you bet and are slightly behind does not mean you should not bet at the first place- he may call his worse hands (not only including Ax hands or better) and you don´t let him see free cards that can improve his hand.

Also if you check 3 times then very likely he may bluff at some point, although on that board I don´t think he would bluff that often- but if river was 2, then I would rather bet/fold myself or c/c.

best regards,