People waiting for time out in hyper and super turbo HU.

• paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      Hello,

so while playing HU hypers and super turbos I've noticed that some players who gain chip lead in early stage tend to time out and sit back immediately after time out, when they are on button or face raise on bb. I assume that they want to skip early game stage and go right to push - fold stage.

I play micros so my guess is that some players think that they can outplay a lot of opponents during push-fold stage while using nash, since a lot of players are bad.

Is there any other legit reasons to do that? :f_confused:

Thanks in advance
  • 4 replies
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      That logic seems flawed, tbh. Your biggest edge comes when deep in game. The shallower the stack, the less edge you will have. When you get to the stage when you should use nash (below 8bb), every hand becomes a flip, really.

Only people who I know are timing down as a tactic are poor regs, who do that against better regs, so that better regs will stop sitting them.
    • paaaaau
      paaaaau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bjela
      That logic seems flawed, tbh. Your biggest edge comes when deep in game. The shallower the stack, the less edge you will have. When you get to the stage when you should use nash (below 8bb), every hand becomes a flip, really.

Only people who I know are timing down as a tactic are poor regs, who do that against better regs, so that better regs will stop sitting them.

I don't think that it's entirely true, at least at lowest buy-in levels. Because there is a lot of players who are too tight or to loose in push-fold stage, so you get descent edge using nash.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Moved to SnG forum for you.

Regards,

Mal.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bjela

your biggest edge in a sng comes from knowing the push/fold stage and playing against people who dont