[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - KJo

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

I think the river is standard but my question is mainly about flop + turn.

Important stats:
      Foldtoresteal 30%
      Foldtocbet 24%
      Foldtocbetturn 17%
      25 wtsd with 44 w$sd

I can't find his foldtorivercbet. Because of his low foldtocbet my plan was to barrel AT LEAST twice. I think I would go for 3 barrels.

On this exact river he might ofcourse call looser (herocalled TT) because I rep really thin

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1907874
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25.70 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 512515
      UTG: $25.94 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 20, 3B: 7, AF: 2.0, Hands: 245
      MP: $25.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 1.2, Hands: 273
      CO: $59.43 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 2.8, Hands: 1101
      BTN: $26.43 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 1.7, Hands: 70
      SB: $14.31 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 11, 3B: 9, AF: 1.6, Hands: 101

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J :spade: K :club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.65, CO calls $1.90

Flop: ($5.40) 8 :club: 2 :diamond: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, CO calls $3

Turn: ($11.40) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, CO calls $6

River: ($23.40) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.05, CO calls $14.05
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Why would it be standard? You are 3betting it for value or what's the purpose if there?

As played
      Postflop: He doesn't fold a lot in those spots, so I might even just leave it alone, especially when the guy folds to CB only 24% and even less on the turn. So very likely may even call you down vs 3barrel and which also should be the idea vs such a guy once you CB. Though as played pretty standard.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Why would it be standard? You are 3betting it for value or what's the purpose if there?

As played
      Postflop: He doesn't fold a lot in those spots, so I might even just leave it alone, especially when the guy folds to CB only 24% and even less on the turn. So very likely may even call you down vs 3barrel and which also should be the idea vs such a guy once you CB. Though as played pretty standard.

Best Regards.
      Call pre???
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, I am just telling you that it's not standard. :) Why would it be standard to always 3bet there whilst you can also even Call there.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well, I am just telling you that it's not standard. :) Why would it be standard to always 3bet there whilst you can also even Call there.
      Ty. I thought hands like KJo, QJo were not good enough to play OOP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Depends a lot on many factors. :) Sometimes it might be true, sometimes not. As what range villain opens, how good we are postflop and many more factors.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Depends a lot on many factors. :) Sometimes it might be true, sometimes not. As what range villain opens, how good we are postflop and many more factors.
      I know but can you just tell me (or give me an example) when we are calling and when not? Given that villain has the stats described above.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I know but can you just tell me (or give me an example) when we are calling and when not? Given that villain has the stats described above.
      You pointed the stat out yourself which is fold to 3bet which will tell you actually what to do, unless we assuming that we 3betting for value I wouldn't 3bet such guys.