$6.65
      BB:
      $52.55
      BU:
      $53.45
      UTG+1:
      $19.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , K:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 4:heart: , 7:spade: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.30, BB raises to $7.00, Hero raises to $7.25 (All-In), BB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($18.75) T:club:
      River: ($18.75) K:heart:

Final Pot: $18.75
  • 7 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Your flopbet is a bit too low here.
      I would bet at least $3 to prevent people calling with any draws.

After his raise it's an easy push with TPTK.

He was holding 77?
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      He actually had AQ, I lucked out on the river. I actually calculated wrongly on the flop, was trying to calculate how much a 2/3 pot bet would be.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Nice hand.Raise KQ from MP3 is a little too early,but should be ok in 9 handed or very tight table.Bad cbet on flop,shoud be at least 2/3 pot size or more-2.8, because you have flush draw on board and need to protect your hand.Against average opp push with TP IIK is ok.You can put him on set,QJ,rarely on AQ.
      Aggressive big stacks tend to reraise with AQ,others fold prefop to a raise,rarely call a raise. You should do notes on this callers and next time he will pay you off when you have overpair. :)
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Oh yes, good point!!
      No preflop betting with KQ from middle position ;)
      Missed that one :)

And about your miscalculation, you'll probably get used to the amounts if you keep playing more and more hands!
      Bronze
      Easy.

It's one of the most typical situations that can occur while playing sss, mrjorisa. Raise pf, get called. Hit the flop, so bet/push. The only thing I don't like here is flop bet. I tend to bet 2/3 pot or even pot (drawy board) because I don't want to give anybody good odds to draw.

I don't understand the question in topic. Are you asking if your call was ok here? If not now, then when? What would be the point of plaing KQ if you have to fold it even if you hit?
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrjorisa
      He actually had AQ, I lucked out on the river. I actually calculated wrongly on the flop, was trying to calculate how much a 2/3 pot bet would be.
      Don't know the site you play on, but you should get/use the betpot script. You can set it to bet 2/3 the pot and your "quick calculation" troubles will be over.

I have mine set so I click the button to bet 2/3 of the pot, and if my slider goes over 50%, then I know it's an all-in push.

When multi-tabling, there's just no way I could play without it.

I'm not sure if posting links is ok or not, so I'll hold off for now, but it won't be hard to find, and there's an extensive thread regarding the script on the 2+2 forums in the software subsection.
    • mrjorisa
      mrjorisa
      Bronze
      Sry about the title, my qn was actually more of if I should have called his reraise on the flop when its possible he has a higher kicker.