fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, BB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.80) A:heart: T:club: 9:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, SB folds, BB calls $1.30

TURN ($4.40) A:heart: T:club: 9:spade: 3:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.40, BB calls $2.40

RIVER ($9.20) A:heart: T:club: 9:spade: 3:spade: 8:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $4.60, BB raises to $16 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $17.48

On river it is straigth posibl, practically only str beats me, because its not likely that he has AA. In BB he has wide calling range vs steals, so QJ is posible, and maybe even 76s. But 76s - would be GS on flop, so he would probably not call 2 streets with it, so left QJ only. Is my fold ok?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Bet the flop bigger, Bet the turn bigger and Bet/Fold the river. Main reason why you should be betting the flop & turn bigger is that you can easily get value there if they have a hand and if not they not gonna pay anyways much.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Bet the flop bigger, Bet the turn bigger

I did not bet the flop too big because this player looks not the worst one by stats, so he might fold his 2nd pair to a big bet I thougt. Probably another player was not big station also, because usually vs big stations I cbet big with good hand.

Yeha, this player fold to cbet is now small, but maybe stat was little bit different and also not much of situations yet. Allso if I bet smaller size, I might induce a raise which is good for me on flop. If I bet big he will never bluff I think with str draw for example.