[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 A9o

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hey there,

BB 23/18/4.7/6.6/31/301hands
      check raise flop 17%, no info on turn raises

Also have a note that he checkraises flop then immediately gives up turn with air.
      Not sure how reliable this read is with a smallish sample.

Best turn line?
      With such high flop c/r, it seems to make sense for him to raise all value hands/draws OTF.
      So when he checkraises turn would you agree his range seems weak or air heavy?

His sizing seems very weak too, if raising for value I think he would raise bigger to get stacks in OTR.

Can't imagine too many flushes at all in his range, especially while holding the Ah, so I couldn't decide between shoving turn as a semibluff, or calling & betting river if checked to.

Going with my read I think I have to shove river, calling just to hit seemed bad.

Hero (BTN): $26.35 (105.4 bb)
      SB: $23.50 (94 bb)
      BB: $42.65 (170.6 bb)
      UTG: $28.26 (113 bb)
      MP: $67.21 (268.8 bb)
      CO: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9:diamond: A:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 5:diamond: J:heart: 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.70) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.70, BB raises to $4.25, Hero calls $2.55

River: ($11.20) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.75, Hero raises to $20.80 and is all-in, BB folds

Results: $20.70 pot ($0.93 rake)
      Final Board: 5:diamond: J:heart: 3:heart: 6:heart: 3:spade:
      Hero mucked 9:diamond: A:heart: and won $19.77 ($9.47 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$10.30 net)
      [/hand_history][/converted_hand]
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Like the overall plan of yours, though it's really up the the opponent as well, I mean he could easily just Bet the river bigger and it would be pretty difficult for us to continue in those spots.

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Thanks Veriz :)

What do you think about just shoving turn over his c/r?
      I mean, if we think he is weak & is c/raising way to often, would you rather just shove turn to avoid a tricky river decision?

Whats the worst made hand you would call this guy down with in such a spot?
      Any Jx?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What do you think about just shoving turn over his c/r? I mean, if we think he is weak & is c/raising way to often, would you rather just shove turn to avoid a tricky river decision?

Depends a lot on the villain but why not keep him in the pot and maybe even tries to bluff when FD arrives.

Whats the worst made hand you would call this guy down with in such a spot?Any Jx?

Hard to answer that part whilst not knowing your image and what kind of actions you had earlier + of course we don't even know how often he CBs the river after such an action. Could be very loose, could be very tight. Nor of course just the Check/Raise flop ain't enough cause he may easily Check/Raise the turn very little.