Hi guys!

• 3kingme3
      3kingme3
      Basic
      Just did an interview with Kim Shannon, and wanted to check out the community a bit.

Im a 24 year old poker pro living in Las Vegas playing cash games (5/10-10/25). I dropped out of college about 3 years ago and started playing 1/2nl 6 max on pokerstars. I was about a 1.5ptbb/100 hand winner 16 tabling that over a 1 mil+ hand sample before I started getting involved more in the live scene. I started making more and more frequent trips to Vegas before moving the about a year and a half ago, and have been playing cash there ever since.

Although Im mostly a cash game player I have some tournament success too. Some of my notable achievements include 2nd place in the 11 sunday storm for 16k, followed by a 9th place finish 2 weeks later, both fields had over 20k people. I have a 3rd place in the 2600 HU SCOOP event for 51k, and I won the 1600 MGM grand challenge main event this may for 51k.

I cant wait for my interview to come out, I tried to make sure I threw in some high level theory/hand analysis in there and I hope you all enjoy it!

Mike
  • 6 replies
    • faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      Hey, 3kingme3!

Your poker resume looks quite impressive, especially for someone who just created an account here and made his first post

I see that you play live poker in Vegas. How is the players' field over there in terms of skill level? I would like to hear some interesting and funny story from a live vegas table.

Also, since now you have a profile here, I would recommend checking out the video section for some high-stakes action that may interest you.

Best of all,
      faronel
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Mike,

Welcome to the community!

We adore Kim, please do let us know when the interview is out. She plays poker, saves animals! No better match than that. :heart:

Would be cool if you create a blog/diary about Vegas and crazy actions over there, I think European players dream of going there and appreciate even to see a glimpse of it through your eyes. :)

Looking forward to see you on the forums more often!
      Ingrid
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 3kingme3
      Im a 24 year old poker pro living in Las Vegas playing cash games (5/10-10/25).
      Hi 3kingme3

Waw Looks like you're living the dream!

Really looking forward to see you more on the forums!

RasTweet
    • 3kingme3
      3kingme3
      Basic
      Originally posted by faronel
      Hey, 3kingme3!

Your poker resume looks quite impressive, especially for someone who just created an account here and made his first post

I see that you play live poker in Vegas. How is the players' field over there in terms of skill level? I would like to hear some interesting and funny story from a live vegas table.

Also, since now you have a profile here, I would recommend checking out the video section for some high-stakes action that may interest you.

Best of all,
      faronel
      Thanks. The player field is pretty mixed, there are some very talented players out there as well as some pretty mediocre to bad regs. As far as stories Im drawing a bit of a blank. I guess I just have some good stories about some very interesting people, a lot of them slightly older live regs. This one bellagio reg named pat got into a huge pot with me where I binked and open ender on me. He stood there berating me for a few minutes, and my favorite line of his was "They try and give me the money, they try and give it to me but the deck just wont let them." I use this line in jest quite often now. Another is Sam Grizzle walking by my table which consisted of 9 guys, sayin "what is this, the ladies event?" and walking by without missing a step.

I will def check out the video section when I have a little more free time, Im at WPT Borgata and have a small sweat of a friend of mine with 10 left, lets go Ben Hamnett!
    • 3kingme3
      3kingme3
      Basic
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi Mike,

We adore Kim, please do let us know when the interview is out. She plays poker, saves animals! No better match than that. :heart:

Would be cool if you create a blog/diary about Vegas and crazy actions over there, I think European players dream of going there and appreciate even to see a glimpse of it through your eyes. :)

Looking forward to see you on the forums more often!
      Ingrid
      I would certainly be willing to do a blog of some sort if I feel there is some interest for it. I am currently staying with a semi well known poker blogger in Vancouver Canada and will ask him for some tips. I get back to Vegas in time for the FT of the wsop main where my roommate for the past 1.5 years is the CL. I can probably get a few blog posts out of that and then jump back into grinding the live cash scene.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      I get back to Vegas in time for the FT of the wsop main where my roommate for the past 1.5 years is the CL.

Siick hope you bought some % :)