[NL2-NL10] 88 SB Zoom 10NL

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thoughts about this play please? Thanks a lot :heart:

Villain is 19/14 over 152 hands. He has a 91% fold to 3-bet (10/11 hands, 2/2 from early position. The one he didn't fold to 3bet was in MP). No 4bets.
      FCB: 25%, CBet: 88%.
      WTS 5/15, W$SD: 3/5

PokerStars - $0.10 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $18.17
      Hero (SB): $13.80
      BB: $18.60
      UTG: $13.07
      UTG+1: $10.00
      UTG+2: $5.10
      MP: $3.69
      MP+1: $13.33
      CO: $10.18

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:spade: 8:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, MP calls $0.30, fold, CO calls $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, UTG calls $1.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($3.90, 2 players) 3:diamond: 2:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero?

Hero checks, UTG bets $2.00, fold

UTG wins $3.72
  • 7 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey MisClick

aaah his UTG range is pretty damn strong and he seems quite reggy. i don't really know what to do postflop after 3betting and being called. i would expect to see him have JJ/QQ here maybe TT. i know it's an extremely tight range but i dont know what else he could play this way with.

my thoughts are just call it preflop for set value. you have great implieds against the UTG open, and you have easy decisions postflop. if you don't like playing OOP without the initiative then i don't think folding is a mistake here either because it's hard to even extract value OOP anyway so who knows if you even get paid :)

Lewis.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I'll have a stab, I may learn something as well. :)

I wrote a nice long post out for you, but in the end all I need to ask is; 'What was your plan preflop?' Seems our heroine lacked one.

Not knowing what to do on the flop in 3bet pot says either have a plan ready, or, [and this would be my choice] don't 3bet in the first place, especially from sb multiway. Were you trying something out maybe?

Anyhooo, v utg range we aint looking too good, even if just called preflop.

Plan. Just my ramblings which may be ignored wthout consequence. :)

A proper evaluator will be along very soon. :rolleyes:
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      just call pre imo
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :heart:

rofl Gadget :)

I think Dr. Dunne kind of sees what I see, lol.

Thought was: Lots of free money here because the only hand he can call is AA/KK. He is a reg. We know each other. When he calls I think: fml.

If I led I have AA. However, at the same time, he knows I know. rofl. On the other hand, I know he has AA almost 50% of the time (unless he is ahead of me and he got it all sorted). And I am not sure he is going to fold KK knowing that I think I can kick him out of the pot unless he has AA (pretty complicated, sorry). So I finally decided to give it up. But wondering if I should have been braver. However, I am pretty sure he had it. And after I took 10 secs to think what I am doing, I know he is not folding KK. So if I was going to go for a stab it should have been instant...OOP. So I played it safe. But I thought it was interesting...

Gadget: Its true, no plan postlop :f_confused: . The plan was to steal the pot preflop, lol. I supposed I followed it in a way because I gave it up post flop, but I wondered what if...
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      preflop: call! call >>>>> squeeze, not even close :(
      88 is a great hand as your set will most often be at least middle set and you may cooler someone :f_biggrin:

as it goes, your squeeze sizing is a bit suspicious. i'd probably make it 14bb at most in this spot.

flop: well, 152 hands isn't a huge sample. he might flat KK+, he might flat JJ-QQ AK because he doesn't like to fold them, he might flat a lot of pocket pairs because you "always" have KK+ there.

but i wouldn't take any stabs either. you bluffed preflop, you most likely got called by a super strong range and it's usually not a good idea to try to make people fold super strong ranges.
      you want to bluff people when you think that they are weak, not when they are strong :f_mad:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisClick
      If I led I have AA. However, at the same time, he knows I know. rofl. On the other hand, I know he has AA almost 50% of the time (unless he is ahead of me and he got it all sorted). And I am not sure he is going to fold KK knowing that I think I can kick him out of the pot unless he has AA (pretty complicated, sorry). So I finally decided to give it up. But wondering if I should have been braver. However, I am pretty sure he had it. And after I took 10 secs to think what I am doing, I know he is not folding KK. So if I was going to go for a stab it should have been instant...OOP. So I played it safe. But I thought it was interesting...
      :f_ugly: wow so many levels!

doubt the money is free/dead preflop given the ranges :)
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o:

OMG!!!

I've got FPS!!!!!

:f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o:

I hope it is not too late :f_mad: for me and my bankroll

Thanks a lot guys :f_love: I think it would have taken me much longer to realise I was suffering from it (yet again!) without this hand post. I know sometimes it is the right time and place for thoughts, but this is oh, lol so much shooting myself on the foot, rofl.