[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA blind defense.

• vilistaja
      Opponent is rather loose. His bet sizeing pre flop looked very weak to me, but and i decided to 3 bet small to get value. Flop is quite uncomfortable but i decided to protect my hand (i think bigger Cbet is better than i did). And he reraise, i was pretty sure it is bluff and made raraised again. Was that play ok?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.13
      Hero (SB): $5.08
      BB: $1.23
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $0.90
      MP: $2.22
      MP+1: $2.03
      CO: $0.89

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.07, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.34, 2 players) J:club: T:spade: 4:spade:
      Hero bets $0.23, BTN raises to $0.62, Hero raises to $2.60

Opponent folds
      Hero wins $1.52
  • 3 replies
    • Resilence
      I would 3bet larger preflop (21c-24c), they are more likely to call you down, as they think you are just blind defending, and theres no reason to get into tough spot, you also seem weak with your reraise, and you give him a chance to see the flop cheap ;)

He could easily have broadways, and usually 7c is more than enough to steal from a TAG, he could also easily have JT, think he would fold this hand on the flop? :f_p:
    • CPallo
      Yes, 3-bet it bigger (as you would 3-bet with KQ etc.). That way you add more value there and can play for stacks POF.

That flop is actually good for you, I guess he could have Jx or some broadways, so he could easily raise you. Why not to play for stacks here, especially if he's that aggressive.
    • veriz
      Hello vilistaja,

Preflop: 3bet size has a leak in your game, definitely have to do it bigger.
      Postflop: Depends a lot on the opponent but when we want to continue here then we should get it in as you did.

Best Regards.