[NL2-NL10] QQ NL4 SH - good spot to go broke?

• muel294
      Table seemed pretty LP overall, not many stats to go on though.

Flop: Figure villain has something like 22-JJ JT-AQ, I would expect him to 3b QQ+ and AK+ preflop. My plan was to play raise/broke here vs weaker pairs and draws since the board is very draw heavy and although villain seems LP we have very few stats to go on.

What about the bet sizing? Would you prefer 3/4 - full pot? It was kind of done in a hurry during the hand.

Turn: Doesn't change much IMO. Plan was still to play bet/call vs a raise depending on the size and our expressed and implied odds (i.e we still have Q :spade:) atlhough villain may have a better :spade: draw I think we can still extract value from worse :spade: 's upon a hit. I wasn't sure whether 3b'ing the turn here would be overplayed if we got x/raised . I think villain is more likely to play made hands (2pr+) aggressively and all draws / marginal hands passively, but then again I would have expected him to play all his made hands more aggressively on the flop, unless he has the nuts.

Bet sizing? A little bigger here as well? $1-$1.20?

River: I didn't see any room for thin value here since I am assuming that I would have already got it in on flop or turn vs 99-JJ.

Conclusion: What is the best line here? Just to play raise/broke F, bet/3bet T and bet bigger on all streets?

Cheers :f_thumbsup:

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $0.41
      BTN: $3.76
      SB: $3.76 41/15/1/3b 18 (2/11)/64/27 hands
      BB: $6.39
      UTG: $4.18
      Hero (MP): $4.46

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.48, 2 players) 5:spade: 6:spade: 8:spade:
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.54, SB calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.56, 2 players) 3:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.99, SB calls $0.99

River: ($3.54, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows A:spade: J:club: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 28%, Flop 44%, Turn 25%)
      Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Eights) (Pre 72%, Flop 56%, Turn 75%)
      Hero wins $3.37
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello muel294,

Bet it bigger on the flop for value, quite obvious that he is more often on a draw which plays like that. Though otherwise the river is also rather a Check-behind for me and also get some information from him.

Best Regards.