BTN: $439.29
      SB: $203.00
      BB: $468.59
      UTG: $258.96
      MP: $527.36
      Hero (CO): $392.57

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with Q:diamond: A:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $4, BTN raises to $14, 2 folds, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($31.00) T:heart: 8:diamond: J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $20.00, BTN calls $20

Turn: ($71.00) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $68.00, BTN calls $68

River: ($207.00) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $111.00, BTN raises to $337.29, Hero calls $179.57 all in

Opponent is RhinoBluff, 23/18/8.5, 6% 3bet in BU overall, 11% 3bet vs CO.
      I don't think he's all that wide here but still we are deep and I expect some 3bets with less polarized stuff like suited broadways and suited Aces as compared to AXo or suited junk. There's not too much to say about this guy, he's as TAGgy and standard as it gets, typical decent NL200 reg who seems fairly easy to play against.

He has a low Flop Cbet % of 56% and I decided to lead here, thinking that he should be folding a lot and also for the sake of balance with my sets. But I'm wondering if betting is bad, against someone who is likelier to be merged in his 3betting range. I think it seems fine if he has a wide air heavy range since I would have a lot of immediate fold equity.

Turn is a card which improves a lot so I figured that potting was the best play to build stacks and go for value.

River is really Dicey. I wonder what sizing I should bet on the River, whether we are ever considering a fold (I don't think he's the type to bluff shove in this spot but I wonder if he's bad enough to bluff shove a hand like AJ, we also split a lot)

I also wonder if the River changes significantly if it were a King pairing card, or an 8/T.
  • 2 replies
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Do you always minraise the CO? That might affect his 3betting range?

I don't mind a preflop 4bet. He will surely be wider than the 11% given it is deep and you minraised. Playing against a 5bet will be tough but that's ok.

Flop donk bet is interesting. It's certainly fine on this board. I am not sure I like it with this hand as you are a bit lost against a raise and also lost of a lot of turns. But it's fine. I don't like some parts of your reasoning though.
      I think it seems fine if he has a wide air heavy range since I would have a lot of immediate fold equity.

If he folds his air your don't gain much. you might actually be better off checking against 54s to get a bluff out of him instead of having him fold to a donk bet.

Turn sizing seems good to me.

Initial river spot I think you can still value bet as he shouldn't have too many boats. Sets might raise flop, Jx 2pair that boated up are not that many. Jx, Kx and some other bluffcatchers can call. Sizing seems fine.

When he jams river I seriously doubt he has a split. AQ might raise turn and is hardly getting called by worse and you have a good amount of boats. So I think you are bluff catching against his jam. Is he bluffing there often enough to call? I have no idea.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I'd 4bet this pre as well. I don't like ur flop donkbet that much, I think c/c is much better. U have a decent sdv and it would suck if he raises. Also he's likely to barrel a lot cards that improves ur hand. By betting u fold out only his air and some hands he's folding when u bet later street. On the river I'm folding. Can't see him shoving Ax and it's unlikely he's bluffing nearly enough.