UTG: $12.94
      UTG+1: $4.30
      UTG+2: $3.00
      MP: $10.54
      MP+1: $10.00
      CO: $9.60

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1.00,

I am versus a reg. I have 422 hands on him. 14/11 with 3bet 3% (4/142), of which 2/31 from SB, the other 2 from MP. 4bet only once. I've seen him calling 88 from the blinds (he is not like me :coolface: ).

fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 9:spade: 8:heart: 9:heart:
      SB bets $1.10,

cbet 67% after normal raise.
      This one is the only 3bet pot I see him play as aggressor (only other one where he folds to cbet)

Hero raises to $2.40, SB calls $1.30

Oh. May be I should have raised more? :(

He could well have a miriads of draws, but I am putting him mostly on a strong pair, QQ+, may be just even KK?...(am I respecting him too much?)

Turn: ($6.90, 2 players) 8:club:
      SB checks,

Hero bets $4.94, fold

Hero wins $6.59

Turn doesn't change anything for him really if he has QQ+...He could well have AKs, that is true, however I doubt it. What is the best thing to do on turn? What about the flop play?

Thanks a lot :heart:
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I am all for betting this turn.
      If he has something, he should bet.
      If he has overpairs, he will likely call.
      if he DOES have str8 / FD he needs to pay dearly to see the next card.
      I SUCK at bet sizing, but I would bet.
    • MisClick
      Thanks V :f_love: , yes, betting for ever, lol.
    • veriz
      Hello MisClick,

If he likes to CB a lot then rather just let him CB the turn as well whilst it's a 3bet pot. Though raising ain't wrong. Nor the Bet on the turn ain't wrong but should have done smaller so wont scare away weaker hands.

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      Hi Veriz, thanks a lot :f_love:

Does the flop matter?

I wanted to raise the flop because there are so many draws (not because he would be onto one necessarily), that with such a flop there is a high probability the turn would be a cooler and he is so careful. I am hoping he is willing to go broke with KK on such a flop, but it is true that the rest of his 3bet range would probably never go broke there (he might even be that careful with KK)

At the same time, I see that calling on flop, raising on turn makes me more money if he is going to fold anyway unless he has the nuts.

So my question is, do we look at the flop shape in a situation like this one or do we just ignore it?

thanks a lot :heart:
    • veriz
      Rather Call the flop and keep his weaker hands in the play and let him bluff on further streets.