Strategy points: How to get them?

• Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      I know you can buy strategy points or earn them at poker sites. I have linked my account to PokerStars but it has been over 24 hours and no points have been added even though I have been playing. What may be causing this?

Thanks,
      Chadwicked
  • 12 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hello Chadwicked

There are a number of reasons why this might be the case. I am assuming you have signed up properly by following the steps and entering the code. Have you navigated back to THIS PAGE and entered your user ID in the box at step 6? This is needed in order to link your account.

Lewis.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Most likely time.
      The points are calculated only once daily, and sometime after that Stars send them to PokerStrategy.com who then tally them and sometime later post them.

For me, the cutoff seems to be at around 04:00Z which is midnight in the Eastern US time zone. Those points don't show up in my PokerStrategy.com home page for at least 18 hours, but sometimes there is a lag of several days, for what i'm sure are a host of different reasons.

if you're concerned -- and you should be if it has been 3 or more days -- contact PokerStrategy.com customer service by clicking the red question mark in the top right hand side of this page.

--VS
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      I did not sign up with PokerStars with the code for Poker Strategy because I already had an account. I simply just put my username for PokerStars in the profile settings for Poker Strategy. Will this be okay?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hello there Chadwicked,

Welcome to our community!

Unfortunately I have to reveal some bad news now. You cannot simply add your PokerStars username to your profile settings to earn StrategyPoints. You must have used our marketing code when initially setting up your PokerStars account in order to be tracked.

That is me done with the bad news now! Let's make it a little more positive ;)

While PokerStars is the biggest site in Online Poker there are many other rooms which we partner with that are just as good and have softer games!

If you take a look at this thread we even offer to find you the best poker room for you!

We even have some free bankroll offers for you as long as you've never held an account at the rooms before!

All is not lost!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      Thanks Gary for the information. I have registered to Poker770 with the $10 from the quiz so I will try using that soon.

Thanks again!
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Congrats on the bronze ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chadwicked
      Thanks Gary for the information. I have registered to Poker770 with the $10 from the quiz so I will try using that soon.

Thanks again!
      No worries, good luck at Poker770!

Hope you can turn that $10 into at least $100 very soon!

Gogogogogogo!
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      Haven't been able to turn it into any money yet. Been playing single table SnG since that is what I enjoy most and have been reading on. I've played a number of tournaments but as it stands I am at about $8 remaining. I have won 2 tournaments so far, in both cases I came in first but I lose too many. I am taking note of where I am making mistakes though, and fixing it. Hopefully it will be $100 soon :P
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Rome wasn't built in a day Chadwicked so hang on in there!

SNGs are all about samples so the more you play - the better you will get in time!

I hope you've been using our ICM trainer and ICM trainer light? These are very important tools to have in your armoury ;)

Gary
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      Great analogy Gary,

Yeah I have the light version and been working through the lessons. Been learning so much already, feels great :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Keep up the good work then!
    • Chadwicked
      Chadwicked
      Bronze
      Hehe I just played another 2 tournaments of $1 sit and go. Came 4th in the first and 1st the 2nd. So I'm sitting at $10 again lol. I guess that means I'm actually doing slightly better since I've paid like $2 in rake fees.