[NL2-NL10] A9o NL4 SH - ISO fish

• muel294
      Villain was very loose and had limp/called a number of weak hands OOP so I decided to ISO as frequently as possible for value.

Flop: when he min DBs here I don't expect him to have a strong hand very often. I would expect him to do this with any pair, gutshots and FD's. My plan was to raise and fold to a 3b since I know he will call with worse but rarely 3b as a semi-bluff or pure bluff.

Turn: At the time I decided to just call because I considered myself to be in a pot control situation. I thought that I am IP and my hand is marginal. I could already be way behind vs 2pr+ and wanted to keep the pot small and get to showdown. My plan was to call T and call a smallish bet on the river to try to get to showdown.

In hindisght, I think this is clearly a spot to just b/f the turn ( I say b/f because I think I should treat his DB as a check) as my 9 :heart: draw will hardly ever be good. So, essentially I have a medium made hand which is as strong as it will ever get. Additionally I miss value against any weaker pairs, gutshots and FD's. He will mostly 3b me when I am beat and rarely bluff or semi bluff me here IMO. Also since I am IP, I can just bet the turn for value and take a free showdown on the river or fold to a normal sized river bet unless I am getting insane odds like in this example.

River: As played I called the river for pot odds and note taking, don't see any reason to raise or fold here.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $5.07
      SB: $1.92
      BB: $4.12
      UTG: $6.72
      CO: $3.46 70/15/4/3b16/28/47 hands

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:club: 9:heart:

fold, CO calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, CO calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.46, 2 players) 3:diamond: A:heart: 4:heart:
      CO bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.37, CO calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.20, 2 players) J:heart:
      CO bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04

River: ($1.28, 2 players) 6:heart:
      CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

CO shows K:club: Q:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 44%, Flop 4%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows A:club: 9:heart: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 56%, Flop 96%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $1.37
  • 2 replies