This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK 10NL Zoom v. unknown

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

Villain is unknown. I think I might have played the hand a little too...err... :D

I find it really hard to play a hand like mine OOP. Comments on all streets please,

Thanks a lot :heart:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL ZOOM - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.57
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $13.37
      UTG: $16.63
      Hero (UTG+1): $13.98
      UTG+2: $10.41
      MP: $11.24
      MP+1: $4.57
      CO: $8.70

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 9:spade: 5:spade: A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.47, CO calls $0.47

Turn: ($1.69, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80

River: ($3.29, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero bets $1.57, CO raises to $3.44, fold

CO wins $6.14

:facepalm:

Help me to improve please

:f_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • orojanjivu
      orojanjivu
      Bronze
      It would have been much easier if you had any info on villain.
      Judging from the starting stack and the way the hand gets played out - he seems to be holding a monster - however, he misses to raise flop or turn to play for max value.
      Nevertheless I dont think he is ever bluffing. Timing tells could be used here.
      If he instacalls all three streets he is not likely to be holding a monster.

If you bet the flop and get called its time to go passive I think.
      x/c turn - x/f river.. or even x/f turn already if we plan folding river without read.
      You need to ask yourself - if you 2nd barrel there -what is the purpose?
      To get called by weaker or make him fold stronger holdings?
      Since the turn is a blank he is not likely to be giving up after he calls flop.

I'd check turn and if villain checked behind i'd blockbet/call river.

The river bet is awful. It's way too optimistic to expect to get called 3 streets by worse. Yes you do hold KK, but in fact you are turning your hand into a bluff on 2nd street already. However once you decide to bet out turn you probably need to play check/call river and use your hand as a bluffcatcher.

What were your thoughts on turn/river?
    • orojanjivu
      orojanjivu
      Bronze
      judging from the starting stack and the way the hand gets played out HE IS NO REG **
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Thanks orojanjivu :)

Yes, he is not reg at all. That's why the 3barrell. I am expecting him to pay with anything, and I don't think he needs ever an Ace to pay my 3 barrells as long as the sizing is not crazy. But as unknown, who knows... lol
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

I see a point by betting flop & turn but what's the idea behind betting the river? What do you achieve with it, you just make worse to fold and value-town vs Ax. :D

Best Regards.