• SoleSearcher
      Hi, my name is Ross, I'm 34 years old, and I live in England.

I started playing SNG/MTSNG's for fun in a local pub poker league about 5 years ago with good results (a lot of opponents were usually both fishy and drunk :) ) and was probably the only player there that made a point of buying myself a book on poker whenever I won.

I also started playing a bit online soon after but had mixed results due to daydreaming, other needless distractions and sometimes because I decided to log on and play after a day out drinking down the pub :f_mad: .

I joined about a year ago I think and decided to learn FL cash as I wanted to learn a cash game and also improve my hand reading ability. I managed to increase the $50 starting capital with an added deposit of $100 from me to $800. After withdrawing $300, I've managed to lose half of the remaining $500 (I did drop down a limit as per BRM) through a mixture of bad play, lack of time spent studying and reviewing, loss of interest, and from the fact that I haven't until now actively participated in the forums at

I would like to join the NL beginners course because I want to become a more active member of the community, learn NL cash, follow a structured learing path and also develop a better routine for continual self study and play time in the future for both NL and then possibly relearning FL more actively from the start.

I've watched the podcast for live coaching week 1 and I'll attend the live coaching tonight to watch and see where the schedule is at.

Anyway, sorry that was a bit long, thanks for listening, and I'll post my Lesson 1 Homework shortly.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck SoleSearcher,

No worries mate, write as long you want it to write. :P Great story of yours but those kind of things motivate you to even grind more and learn more. We have to learn from mistakes, that's the only way around in poker. Learn to move down even the limits when needed.

Great to have you with us here, hopefully you will enjoy around here. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, we will be around for you. Meanwhile good luck on tables, we will be waiting for your homework.

You can start with your 1st Lesson:
      Lesson #1

The whole course plan:
      Overview of Beginners Course

Best Regards.