OnGame - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $5.60
      BB: $6.57
      BTN: $4.82

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.10, BB raises to $0.26, Hero :f_confused:

The table is 6max actually, some players have just left.
      Villain has 1/13 3bet and 1/10 resteal over 60 hands.

I'm leaning towards flatting here, is this the right thing to do?
  • 6 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd flat, too, because you have the power of position and if you 4-bet, then you're probably getting better hands to call/5-bet and worse to fold.
    • winter8
      winter8
      Bronze
      I'm OOP here, actually. In position I wouldn't think twice, it's the OOP disadvantage that makes me hesitate.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      I'd flat, too, because you have the power of position and if you 4-bet, then you're probably getting better hands to call/5-bet and worse to fold.
      E: You're OOP, okay.. Still the same rule goes, 4-betting might isolate you against better hands there. Flatting makes your post-flop game hard on both options, if you don't hit.

Earlier statistics helps us in this case. If he has bet only 1/13, he's likelier to bet only with his top-range, so best case scenario would be flipping with him. You could call it and C/F flop, or then shove and face AK, KK, QQ, most likely.

So, if you want to avoid marginal spots, call and c/f missed flops.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello winter8,

Preflop: Why do you open so small here?
      Postflop: Rather 4bet/Fold instead if we assume he is 3betting loose and which may be the case vs his sizing there. Being OOP it's going to be difficult to play postflop.

Best Regards.
    • winter8
      winter8
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply. I'm always opening 2.5 bb from co, btn and sb because it allows me to steal more profitable - picked it up from one of the vods, and it seems to work so far judging from my graphs (filtered by chance to steal). There are a lot of nitty regs around usually and my steal % is around 40-50%. In order to mask my strong hands, I'm still raising to 2.5 bb from those positions, is this a mistake?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by winter8
      Thanks for your reply. I'm always opening 2.5 bb from co, btn and sb because it allows me to steal more profitable - picked it up from one of the vods, and it seems to work so far judging from my graphs (filtered by chance to steal). There are a lot of nitty regs around usually and my steal % is around 40-50%. In order to mask my strong hands, I'm still raising to 2.5 bb from those positions, is this a mistake?
      Being IP you can do that but rather being OOP on the SB don't do it. We don't want them to call loose or even 3bet which may very easily happen. So SB towards 3bb.