Playing style

• Lukrecijus
      Lukrecijus
      Bronze
      Hello, I got some problems. I often double or even triple up early at the first blind levels. But after that I dont know how to play..very often I loose that sngs where i doubled early. Could anyone suggest how I should play, try playing many hands or vice-versa? All ideas are welcome. (I play 6max normal speed 3$)
  • 8 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Lukrecijus!

If you were playing 9-10 player SnGs, I would suggest not to change much. Just try to save your stack playing tight and then abuse the others when we get close to the bubble as your chip advantage will give you a lot of edge.

However, in 6-max SnGs, risk aversion so much less. Actually what is the pay out structure on your site? Cuz it depends a lot. 60:40 will be different than 70:30.

Anyway, people are much more aggro in 6-max SnGs. You need to adjust accordingly. Generally, postflop in 6-max overcomes ICM in some level, so you need to work hard on that. Blind will hit you much more often, chip accumulation is more important than just trying to survive as mainly we will play for first place, not just to finish ITM. So you need to open your range in late position by A LOT! That means playing some marginal hands from time to time which will be no good unless you have the proper skills. It takes time though. You also need to read the table very well and know how and when to use your stack advantage(if you doubled/tripled up early).

I can give you some hits, you are not gonna become a winning player unless you do most of the job yourself. Right thing to do is watching videos, posting hands in our hand evaluation forums, maybe do sweats with other players, read articles, work on your ICM, study your opponents.

Cheers!
    • Lukrecijus
      Lukrecijus
      Bronze
      Pay out structuce is 60/40
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Well, then it's still quite a lot of risk aversion, but that still means we have to open up a wider range from LP, play more marginal hands etc, etc. Improve postflop, improve ICM. Secret behind SnGs : )
    • Lukrecijus
      Lukrecijus
      Bronze
      Thanks dude!
      I have:
      ITM
      132 / 45.52%

ROI is about 12, maybe more.
      VPIP/PFR/3BET is 37/18/9.1
      Am I going well? Or should I reduce my vpip?
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Sample is 132 tourneys only? Not enough by far, honestly. I think ITM being about 40% is quite good for 6-player SnGs, especially with 60:40 pay out.

As for ROI- once again, sample is so shallow that anything I share, could lead you into the conclusion.

Stats worry me though. The gap between VPIP and PFR is quite big, which is never good + 37 VPIP is too much no matter how it's filtered. I think for 4-6 handed, normal VPIP will be about 20-25% for most regs + the gap between VPIP and PFR will be just a small percentage, nothing too stressful.
    • Lukrecijus
      Lukrecijus
      Bronze
      I mean I was in the money 132 times, overall I played about 350 Sit and Go. This is my stats on new poker site. Im playing 6max SNG for 2 years, but only this month I started to play seriously :)
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      what is ITM?? :D newbie here
    • nikokoo
      nikokoo
      Silver
      In The Money. If not, i have been drunk too many years. Just like now :f_cool: