This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Rebuy tourneys

• icegooner4
      icegooner4
      Bronze
      I was wondering what you think is the best strategy for rebuy tourneys? What I've been using lately is if I find a good hand in the first round or so I move all in and try to double up, and it's not that unlikely that some looney with kinda the same strategy will call you. If I don't catch you simply play "normal" poker. What do you think about that strategy?

What strategy do you use?
  • 3 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Super tight and no stealing. Let everyone else gamble. Add-on @ break. Play like a freezeout after the break.

Usually I find myself with 1000 chips ish at the break + add on = 3000. Value for money is great if you can scrape by without rebuying at all.
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      I also go all in early from the start if i get cards like QQ,KK,AA.
      Usually people are much looser and they call all in raises with junk.
      After the early stages, play as normal with standard raises.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      depends on what you allow for rebuys but somewhere between 3 to 8 + add-on and buy-in * 100 to allow for bankroll

you dont have to play lotto but need to build stack and double buy-in will help , for 1500 starting chips aim to get close to 15000 at break and you should be set up good for the tourney