[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #52 23.09.12

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from September 23rd, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, September 30th at 1 PM GMT.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $3.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10.00, BB folds, MP3 calls $7.00.

Flop: ($21) 5, 6, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.00, MP3 calls $12.00.

Turn: ($45) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($45) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $33.00, MP3 raises to $103.56(All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $78.

The plan was to check/jam turn. After he checked it back, I thought it is a good spot to look bluffy and nearly pot it. But I'm not sure that he would bluff river himself after such a big bet. Opponents stats 29/23/10,2
  • 6 replies
    • jules97
      I have no idea at this limit.

I'd just keep barreling the turn and be allin on the river :f_pleased:
    • Farmarchist

I would only check/rai if:
      1) The guy isn't passive. But really aggro... Bets turn with +- his whole range.
      2) The guy likes to float this flop.
      Without any given info I'd go for the 2nd barrel. I think check/raise looks strong and he might fold JJ.
      I'd bet ~$27

Jam if we bet turn.

As played bet/fold. I don't see him bluffing there. But I would bet a bit less. He most likely has some mediocre hand with sd value like TJs. I don't want him to fold...
    • SPeedFANat1c
      preflop 3bet 4x, to not allow setmine.

I think bet/fold river is ok, he should really not bluff too often on the river, could be 78s in his range may, as he is loose and has position. But on the other hand - why not bet turn for him with a draw.
      ALso if he has set, then he should bet turn. He should not have 44 on the river.
      Still without reads probalby its a fold.
    • JohnDoe1313
      I assume 10,2 is AF so villain seems pretty aggressive, depends on the sample though. I like check/jam against this player, but when he checks back he either has a monster or something worth to go to showdown with, so I would blockbet 1/2 pot on river.
    • holmeboy
      Not much to comment preflop and flop. Turn I'd probably bet ~$22-25 and jam river.

As played b/f river but make it more like 1/2 pot rather than 2/3
    • Imimba1
      Check/call, or bet/call river. With his bet size, he is going to commit himself, so he can't bet/fold.