[NL2-NL10] nl10, AQ in the blinds #4

• DrDunne
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $12.99 (129.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $11.12 (111.2 bb)
      BB: $3.99 (39.9 bb)
      CO: $10.46 (104.6 bb)
      MP: $3.35 (33.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.40, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, CO calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.70) 8 3 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($2.70) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.70) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.92, Hero folds

$2.70 pot ($0.13 rake)
      Final Board: 8 3 9 K 2
      Hero mucked Q A and lost (-$1.30 net)
      CO mucked and won $2.57 ($1.27 net)

villain is unknown but has been very active over 50% of his 30 hands. What flops should I be giving up on/cbetting on?
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      You should cbet on that kind of flops, because it might be that your opponent has missed their AJ+, KQ, etc, and doesn't want to continue. You can take the pot right away.

You can also cbet on flops where there's only one broadway card, it might scare him off.

In this hand, I'd definitely bet the flop, or if not, then turn, because that card hits our 3-bet range well.
    • jules97
      Unless he's a bit of a calling station, I'd bet the flop then the turn... [hides in the corner... :f_o: ]
    • veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

If poker would be that easy and do the stuff "follow the book" thing then everyone could do that. You can only follow a chart in the beginning to learn the game but you can't follow a chart what you are right now trying to find out to do. There is no chart for what boards to CB and what not, it's always DEPENDS. There are tons of factors which in some spot may make you CB and in some spot not, poker isn't about playing like a robot but also thinking a bit more what opponent could have and how your hand does and if you have fold equity.

Vs some opponents you have tons of fold equity on such a board, vs some you may have 0 fold equity, so how would you even hope to get an answer from me that I will tell you all the boards where to CB and where not? :) Do you think it's even possible? Every hand & every board may be different, we change just one suit and already we could play it differently, so there is no way I can write you that down. If I would be even able to write that down then I'd need to write you several articles for that, so please don't ask for such things. :) It's still a hand evaluation/discussion which is about specific hand not a specific topic. Though if you want you are always welcome to use the No Limit section where people discuss about theory and you can start the discussion over there, I am pretty sure you will get a decent response and people are willing to discuss it.

About the hand as said can be played very differently, though we can assume still to have fold equity should be possible to CB it and then even 2nd barrel with such a card. Or either if even Checked then we can still threw a Bet.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      sorry it was a dumb question. for some reason i thought there might be a general guideline that would be a good idea to follow but i guess it's too dynamic. wasn't asking for lots of articles! i'll work on my 3betting since it is clearly a leak. ty