EV Line in Hyper Turbos

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Hey all,
      So I've been experiencing a pretty bad downswing in 500 chip hyper turbo satellites and was wondering if your all in EV line should be positive despite being forced to go all in with cards you don't really want to go all in with.

Is part of this graph due to bad playing style, or is a little bit lower all in EV normal for these satellites?

• 3 replies
    • IhasLuck
      IhasLuck
      Bronze
      this is hands played?? you'd need atleast 50k or so hands to get a somewhat result. No conclusions can be made from this graph at all. Even if it was 379 games played it still wouldn't be reliable
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Ok thanks. Should I be discouraged that the EV line is going constantly down? Its not really swingy, its a constant decrease almost a straight line. Or is sample too small even for that?

And just in general, if you were to play a big sample of hyper turbo SNG, would the intended plan be to have the EV only a very slight gradient but counter this with huge volume because they don't take much time? Or is it possible to have decent upwards gradient on hyper turbo SNG even though you only have 10bb
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Metza!

1- no you shouldn't be discouraged. Sample is soo tiny, u can't draw any conclusions.

Hyper turbos are super swingy, edge is small, so if you are a newly started player, I wouldn't suggest jumping into those. It's very possible variance kill your enthusiasm where you can be a good/winning poker player if you started off playing the more appropriate format. Especially, if your poker bankroll is small BI wise.

Cheers!