Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $53.52 (107 bb)
      CO: $54.27 (108.5 bb)
      BTN: $96.91 (193.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $67.84 (135.7 bb)
      BB: $40.71 (81.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 6 7 T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($11.50) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP calls $5

River: ($21.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, MP calls $10

Results:
      $41.50 pot ($2.07 rake)
      Final Board: 6 7 T K 5
      MP showed A K and won $39.43 ($18.93 net)
      Hero showed Q K and lost (-$20.50 net)

Anon table.

Preflop against unknown? He's raising MP, and I'd play oop, so with KQo I was considering 3betting vs folding. With KQs, I'd be more inclined to call.
      Flop ch/fold.
      Turn vbet?
      River ch/fold?
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Against unknown I preffer 3betting more polarised range, but I guess it cant be to bad here.

I think Im cbeting this board, cause we can barrel many turns and put villain in tough spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: Both options are possible here, either 3bet it and take a look how he is adjusting to 3bet whilst we have decent hand to do that or Call it and play postflop. Though with calling I assume we can expect BB to also Call whilst his stack tells us he is loose -> will be playing OOP vs both opponents.
      Flop: Could easily CB such a board with backdoors + of course fold equity here.

As played
      Turn: As he didn't take a stab on the flop he might not take it on the turn either but though we have to ask if we are getting 2 streets value from him? Doubt he is willing to pay with worse PPs against us 2 streets whilst Kx hands are in our range. Therefore I might even let him try to bluff this card against us and Check/Call it with decent equity.

As played
      River: As said above already that if you betting the turn then you are kinda hoping to get called 2 streets? That should be the meaning of betting it or protecting from A:dX. Now to avoid him turning some those hands into bluff I'd block-bet myself rather smallish something like $6-7 and get sometimes even value from worse PPs as well as long that would be usually my plan to Bet the turn. Check/Folding might make us fold the best hand.

Best Regards.