This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 KQo

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $53.52 (107 bb)
      CO: $54.27 (108.5 bb)
      BTN: $96.91 (193.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $67.84 (135.7 bb)
      BB: $40.71 (81.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 6 7 T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($11.50) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP calls $5

River: ($21.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, MP calls $10

Results:
      $41.50 pot ($2.07 rake)
      Final Board: 6 7 T K 5
      MP showed A K and won $39.43 ($18.93 net)
      Hero showed Q K and lost (-$20.50 net)

Anon table.

Preflop against unknown? He's raising MP, and I'd play oop, so with KQo I was considering 3betting vs folding. With KQs, I'd be more inclined to call.
      Flop ch/fold.
      Turn vbet?
      River ch/fold?
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Against unknown I preffer 3betting more polarised range, but I guess it cant be to bad here.

I think Im cbeting this board, cause we can barrel many turns and put villain in tough spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: Both options are possible here, either 3bet it and take a look how he is adjusting to 3bet whilst we have decent hand to do that or Call it and play postflop. Though with calling I assume we can expect BB to also Call whilst his stack tells us he is loose -> will be playing OOP vs both opponents.
      Flop: Could easily CB such a board with backdoors + of course fold equity here.

As played
      Turn: As he didn't take a stab on the flop he might not take it on the turn either but though we have to ask if we are getting 2 streets value from him? Doubt he is willing to pay with worse PPs against us 2 streets whilst Kx hands are in our range. Therefore I might even let him try to bluff this card against us and Check/Call it with decent equity.

As played
      River: As said above already that if you betting the turn then you are kinda hoping to get called 2 streets? That should be the meaning of betting it or protecting from A:dX. Now to avoid him turning some those hands into bluff I'd block-bet myself rather smallish something like $6-7 and get sometimes even value from worse PPs as well as long that would be usually my plan to Bet the turn. Check/Folding might make us fold the best hand.

Best Regards.