This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• seanspurs87
      seanspurs87
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $2.14
      SB: $0.70
      BB: $4.42 12/6/1.6/36/259 (VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD/Hands)
      UTG: $1.50
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.30
      MP: $0.92
      MP+1: $2.00
      CO: $2.51

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17, 2 players) Q:club: 4:spade: J:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.37, 2 players) 5:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BB calls $0.22

River: ($0.81, 2 players) 2:club:
      BB checks, Hero ???

Hello, wasn't sure whether to bet on turn, maybe some pot control would have been better (or a larger bet?). If there was a raise then I would have considered a call depending on size. On the river I assume it would be stupid to bluff again, but then again the villain hadn't shown any aggression...

Thanks,

(P.S AKo is my least favourite hand)
  • 3 replies
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      bet on turn is fine
      bet river again, you have a blocker, so the A :spade: or K :spade: is less likely in the villain's range

villain does seem to know a bit what he's doing(a.k.a he's not a fish), so bet river because you have a high chance of making him fold his one-pair type hands, as QJ is not likely in his range because he didn't raise flop
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think barreling turn is fine, since you get fold hands like AJ (without As) that would fold to turn barrel. Since he calls again I think he very often has there KQ/AQ that he would not fold to third barrel, so check back is always fine option. If you want to bluff then I would bet at least 0.56$ to have fold equity against KQ and worse tp/middle pair hands

best regards,
    • seanspurs87
      seanspurs87
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply! Yeh I thought it maybe gd idea to bet again on the river, although I'm not 100% sure about bet size on the river, should I bet half the pot or less than half?

EDIT: Only just read Kaitz's reply, so check or bet on river is fine, just as long as the bet is big enough. Thank you!