Hvard92

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Answer: My motivation for playing poker is that it's possible to make a living out of it if you study hard and constantly learn and make progress, that you learn something new every time you play and study, and building my bankroll to reach the next level.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Answer: I don't know. I had alot of tiltproblems before but it takes alot more to put me on tilt now. Once in a while im experimenting too see if i can play when i am tired, and If im in a tough spot, i could call the river too see if i would have made a good fold so i know if im progressing or not.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Answer: I would say the tight agressive style is that you pick your hands selectively in the right positions and is probably a more comfortable way to play because you often have the best hand preflop. You are not so often dominated and because of your tight image you can exploit that.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

What about analyzing sessions, how often do you do it?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy being with us here and will enjoy the course. In any case you have questions about anything then feel free to ask it, I will try to respond as soon I read it.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Lesson 2.

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Answer: instead of laying down big hands to just a raise. You could pay more attention to who you play against. Forexample if a player is very loose and his preflop raise% is high, you could 3bet him or call him with such as AJ+, KQs+. If you adjust your play to your opponents style right. U should do fine. But the startinghandschart is great for beginners and you should make money by following the chart, play tight postflop and avoid marginal situations but it's
      not max EV.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      Answer: I'm posting my hands on the hand evaluation forum very often. So i guess that counts...?

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      Answer:

Equity:
      AK = 46,98
      88+,AJs+,KQs,AKo = 53,02
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Depends a lot on the opponent we are against but I wouldn't always recommend calling with such a range. You may easily face a spot where you are rather dominated and most likely also use the small sample and still check the 3bet stat and use it as excuse to Call. Though calling too often and vs small sample is rather bad, would recommend analyzing hands about that topic.

Wouldn't say you are posting hands often. :P Haven't seen that many of them but yes, they count as well. Though just link them and it's enough. :)

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      so i have to link the hands i've posted on the hand evaluation forum? If that is the case, how do i find my posts?
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      Me(UTG) $2000 - VP:20 PFR:14 AF:2.3 W:42|62 STL:61|81 3B:5|37 CB:63|55 N:-1020 STK:-1

amator1992(LP) $1960 - VP:50 PFR:50 AF:Inf. W:0| STL:0| 3B:100| CB:100| N:1320 STK:+1 Hands:2

Blinds 20/40

Pre Flop: Me(UTG) with [T :heart: ,T :spade:]
      Me(UTG) raises 80
      scudcousins(MP) calls 80,
      amator1992(LP) raises 240
      Me(UTG) calls 160
      scudcousins(MP) calls 160

POT: 780

Flop: (K :diamond: ,2 :club: , :club: c) (3 players)
      Me(EP) checks
      scudcousins(MP) checks
      amator1992(LP) bets 390
      Me(EP) raises 780
      scudcousins(MP) folds
      amator1992(LP) raises (All in)1330, Me(EP) folds

Final:
      amator1992(LP) mucks [,]
      amator1992(LP) wins 3280

Should i have folded on the flop? I check/raised him to see where i was at. But when i think about it after the hand i think it was a bad choice to check/raise. According to that he is unknown and reraised before the flop, i quess he could have QQ+ or AK.

This hand is not evaluated before btw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hvard92
      so i have to link the hands i've posted on the hand evaluation forum? If that is the case, how do i find my posts?
      Sorry for delayed answer, I have been moving to new country so it did take me to set up everything at my place, now I am back and starting to evaluate the homeworks.

You can basically Search your hands if you search for your name on the Forum -> Search. If you want hands to be evaluated then would be nice if you posted them into hand evaluation forums. :)