This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[5Cd] Aakkk #2 $0.5/$1

• Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      Feral Cow Poker
      PokerStars Limit 5 Card Draw $0.50/$1.00 - 6 players

CO: $6.25
      Button: $19.30
      SB: $20.78 (Hero)
      BB: $4.87
      UTG: $18.13
      UTG+1: $20.57

Dealing Hands: ($0.75) (6 players)
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.50

First Draw: ($2.00) (2 players)
      Hero stands, BB discards 3,

Hero bets $1, BB folds

Hero collected $1.91

(Rake: $0.09)

I'm wondering if it's better to crush full and change one or 2 cards?
  • 5 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Personally I tend to think that if you can't get paid off if you pat in a spot like this, you're not snowing often enough.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Agree with jb on this one. Another simple balance concept: making your valuehand into a weaker valuehand that is still awfully strong, you don't make him indifferent. You make him indifferent by bluffing.

@jb: what would be your SB-open/pat snowing range here? It's kind of an interesting question I think...
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I haven't played for a while, but I calculated that you get about the right frequency if you do it with any hand that contains 5 different cards from AKQJT9 that isn't a straight. In earlier positions, I think the pair below the bottom of your range + 2 :spade: also gives the right frequency.

Ofc, in practice, being a NL player, I just used to snow when I got bored. :facepalm:
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Disagree man, sry bout that.

1) 5 cards 9+ will always have at least a gutshot + high pair potentials, so I wouldn't pat them, I'd much rather pat 4 cards 9+ with no straight draw, or 3 cards T+, 2 in the 9-7 range or something like that (haven't worked out the numbers tho).

2) Pairs I think are generally bad to snow with, since they have reversed card removal effect (another NL theory that doesn't make sense in any other game - probably not even there, but whatever, I don't care about NL). I think the same kind of hands could be good for snowing from EP, hands with high cards as blockers, no pairs (since a pair makes it more likely your opponent has a pair, also you have less blockers mostly).
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madorjan
      Disagree man, sry bout that.
      If you were right and I were wrong I wouldn't be at all surprised.