UTG+1: $20.57

Dealing Hands: ($0.75) (6 players)
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.50

First Draw: ($2.00) (2 players)
      Hero stands, BB discards 3,

Hero bets $1, BB folds

Hero collected $1.91

(Rake: $0.09)

I'm wondering if it's better to crush full and change one or 2 cards?
  • 5 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Personally I tend to think that if you can't get paid off if you pat in a spot like this, you're not snowing often enough.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Agree with jb on this one. Another simple balance concept: making your valuehand into a weaker valuehand that is still awfully strong, you don't make him indifferent. You make him indifferent by bluffing.

@jb: what would be your SB-open/pat snowing range here? It's kind of an interesting question I think...
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I haven't played for a while, but I calculated that you get about the right frequency if you do it with any hand that contains 5 different cards from AKQJT9 that isn't a straight. In earlier positions, I think the pair below the bottom of your range + 2 :spade: also gives the right frequency.

Ofc, in practice, being a NL player, I just used to snow when I got bored. :facepalm:
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Disagree man, sry bout that.

1) 5 cards 9+ will always have at least a gutshot + high pair potentials, so I wouldn't pat them, I'd much rather pat 4 cards 9+ with no straight draw, or 3 cards T+, 2 in the 9-7 range or something like that (haven't worked out the numbers tho).

2) Pairs I think are generally bad to snow with, since they have reversed card removal effect (another NL theory that doesn't make sense in any other game - probably not even there, but whatever, I don't care about NL). I think the same kind of hands could be good for snowing from EP, hands with high cards as blockers, no pairs (since a pair makes it more likely your opponent has a pair, also you have less blockers mostly).
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madorjan
      Disagree man, sry bout that.
      If you were right and I were wrong I wouldn't be at all surprised.